Parents anyone's gymnast use Carpe Antiperspirant Hand Lotion?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

e'smum

Proud Parent
our HC's wife sent me a FB link for this. as a joke. but dd thought it was a fantastic idea. her HC used to call her puddles b/c she sweats like crazy from her hands and feet. and she carries around a chalk bin at the gym. i need to have one made especially for her. seriously. the boy's team took it and tucked it away and she couldn't find it for days. it was a huge crisis. :D . she also has some in her bag for beam use at meets.

so i ordered some for her and it should be here tomorrow in time for practice tomorrow night. i'm hoping it works.

curious if anyone else has tried it.

oh, she's 10. she's been like this since she started gym at age 6. :oops:

Reactions: sce
This is my DD too but unlike your DD, it's a huge source of embarrassment for her and something that she's soooo self-conscious of. My DD would be absolutely mortified if she had a nickname drawing attention to it (seriously, she would probably quit gym).

Let me know if it works. Does it have to be applied the night before for it work effectively? My DD has tried Certain-Dri with mixed results.

Reactions: sce
I suffer from severely sweaty hands and feet (I can't wear shoes without socks, not even sandals or flip flops), so far my DD doesn't seem to have inherited it and I pray she doesn't. It's a horrible thing to deal with and I can't even imagine trying to do gymnastics with it, especially bars. I hope the cream/lotion works for your daughter!!

Yes, please give us an update. My DD has the same issue with insanely sweaty hands/feet. It is a definite impediment to her gymnastics. We have tried Certain Dri with no luck. Someone also recommended a product called No Sweat sold on the ten-o website... but I haven't tried it.

Mine has v sweaty feet when nervous, had to stand in the chalk box whilst waiting to go on beam, & always anxious she would slip! Recently bought her beam shoes which have transformed how she feels on beam :)

I've been wondering about beam shoes too, although DD is reluctant to be "the only one." Can I ask what brand you bought?

We have the same issues on beam. Nerves cause lots of sweating of both hands and feet; she was so fearful that her hands would slip on a back walkover/back handspring, that it took forever for her to move those skills to high beam.

Two of my kids have hyperhidrosis, including my gymmie, and they both use Drysol - it's a prescription and is applied like a bingo dobber two times a week at bedtime.

Mine did! On her feet only. She uses it at night before bed. She initially reported some improvement, but the last few days is back to sweaty footprints. Possibly because we are having some crazy warm weather (90's) and gym AC is off. She asked to try a second application right before practice today to see if that helps. Will reserve my final judgment for now....

UPDATE: My DD has been applying the Carpe foot cream at bedtime for about a month. She reports that there is definite improvement (she'd give it 4 out of 5 stars, she said). For some reason, she has been reluctant to use the hand cream. It does leave your skin feeling dry and sort of "coated" (I know because I apply to her feet most nights). Also, she said that if she forgets to put it on at night, then her feet are extra sweaty the next day.

In any event, we will keep using it. It is the first product we've tried that has made a dent in the problem (and we've tried quite a bit).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back