2009-2010 meeting at the meet thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Arcade,

Our gym hosts the Rock N Roll Classic. That will be my DD's first level 7 meet. What level will your daughter be competing in?

Sean

Hi Sean

Thats exciting that there will be another CB parent there and I have never been to Cleveland before, we cant wait!! My dd will be competing level 8, hope to catch up with you closer to the time. Good luck for the season!!

Hi Sean

Thats exciting that there will be another CB parent there and I have never been to Cleveland before, we cant wait!! My dd will be competing level 8, hope to catch up with you closer to the time. Good luck for the season!!

I am sure we will see you. My wife (thnkgd4kds) and I pretty much work the whole time somewhere so we will be there. That is exciting. Where are you coming from if I may ask?

Sean

Our tentative schedule is:

Nov. 21 ~ Mock meet
Dec. 4-6 Wintertime in Brandywine
Dec.12-13: Christmas on the Chesapeake
Jan.15-17: Brestyan's Invitational
Jan. 29-31: Parkette Invitational (I'll be working this at some point, probably in the concession stand, so come and say hi!)
Feb.5-7: Katie Baldwin Classic
Feb.12-13: John Pancott Invitational
Feb.26-27: Pink Invitational
March: TBD
April 24-25: Lvl 5/6 Sectionals Spirit Gym
May 8-9: Lvl 6 States Washington, PA

I think I read in another post that some of you will be at the Christmas on the Chesapeake and/or the Pink Invitational. What levels and what gyms? Maybe we could meet and cheer our dd's on!!

I think I read in another post that some of you will be at the Christmas on the Chesapeake and/or the Pink Invitational. What levels and what gyms? Maybe we could meet and cheer our dd's on!!

DD is doing Xmass on Chesapeake and the Pink. She will be a L6. What level is your DD?

DD is doing Xmass on Chesapeake and the Pink. She will be a L6. What level is your DD?

Olivia is a L6, too! What gym are you with? We'll have to check the schedules when they come out and see if we can meet up. What age group is your dd in? Olivia is 8 so I guess she will be in the 8 and under, at least I think that's what they do. I'm getting excited for the new season to start. They finally ordered our new competition leos/warm ups. That's always fun for the girls. Not so much for our pocketbooks but they love it! :D

DD will be 11 years old at Xmass and 12 at Pink. I'll private message you the gym name, don't like to post too much private info.

It would be fun to meet up if we can. We have already paid for new leos, using same warm-ups as last year. DD is now having back pains with all those walkovers on beam, so she is taking a break from them to rest her back. Hopefully that helps. Our season begins in November, which sometimes seems far away and other times like it is coming up so soon!

We still don't have our meet schedules, but I know for a fact we're doing;

New Years Invitational (in Florida... vacay!) Jan. 1-3
Tiki Classic (our home meet!) - Feb. 12-14
The Pink Invitational - Feb. 26-28

And obviously sectionals and states (assuming I make states, which I have for the past 3 years so I'm not horribly concerned... I just want to know where it is! :p)

Hey we are going to the Pink Invitational too. We'll see you there.

My DD's Meet schedule

Local qualifier Dec 19 - 20
Winter Carnival Jan 9 - 10
Las Vagas meet Jan 15 - 17 (gym decided not to attend when parents couldn't afford it) they are planing on adding a different meet in the local area instead
Judges Cup - Jan 23 - 24
Feb not sure of dated 1st sectional
Feb 12 - 13 in MD but gym cancelled this one on the schedule tonight
Feb 26-28 - Pink Invitational in PA
Possible meet in RI - Mar 5 - 8
Mar 13 - 14 weekend gym hasn't decided yet between 2 meets but we will be at one of them
Mar 20 - 21 Sectional #2
Mar 27 - 28 State meet
April 24 - 25 - Regionals

Local Fun meet at our gym its after the competitive season and alot more relaxed. usually in May

Hi Sean

Wow! That will be fun to meet up with you!:)

Arcade,

Our gym hosts the Rock N Roll Classic. That will be my DD's first level 7 meet. What level will your daughter be competing in?

Sean

We're doing the Rock 'N Roll too - I'm from Arcadia! I love that meet... always very nicely run! :D

Here's my complete schedule...

December 5-6: Coed Classic (Pittsburgh, PA)
January 1-3: New Years Invitational (Orlando, FL!)
January 9-10: Toon Town Invitational (Butler, PA)
January 23-24: Rock N Roll Invitational (Cleveland, OH)
February 6-7: Tri-State Team Champs (Pittsburgh, PA)
February 13-14: Arcadia's Tiki Classic (Home Meet! Midland, PA)
February 20: High School WPIALS (like sectionals - Moon, PA)
February 27-28: Pink Invitational (West Chester, PA)
March 13-14: Cloud 9.0 Invitational (New Castle, PA)
April 17-18: Sectionals (Butler, PA)
May 8-9: States (???, PA)

Very excited - Looks like an awesome schedule! :)

We finally got a tentative meet schedule:

Flip Fest Invitiational: Knoxville Tenn Jan 16-18

Tiger Paw Invitational: Clemson University, SC Feb 5-7

Meet TBD...............................................................

Gamecock Invitational: University of South Carolina Feb 26-28

Charleston Cup: Charleston, SC March 5-7

State Meet: Rockhill, SC March 19-21

L7/8 regionals: Tupelo, MS April 16-18 (only Top 16 scores from States qualify)

Our meets this year are:

Gopher National Invite: Jan 8-10
Winterfest: Jan 16 - 17
Sand Dollar Meet - Florida: Jan 22-24
Chicago Style Meet: Feb 12-14
Rising Stars: Feb 20 - 21
Twin City Classic: Feb 27-28
Northern Lights: March 5-6
MN State Mee:t March 20-21

Then lets hope Regionals in Kansas City!

We'll be at all the same meets--except we won't be in Floriad :(. Have a blast there though!!

Morgansmom, we will be at Tiger Paw, Gamecock, and the Charleston Cup! My gymmie is L4 though so I don't know if we'll cross paths! We have 4 L7 gymmies from our gym competing in those meets though!:)

When the meet schedules are posted I will let you know when we go and you do the same. You know we may end up being aroudnthe same times. Are you in SC?

Anybody else doing Ontario qualifiers besides DD & Bean? We are at:

Burlington (home) Nov 27-27
Pickering Dec 11-13
Niagara Falls Feb 5-7

plus Burlington Spring Cup (of course), maybe a travel invitational and hopefully Ontario Cup/Championships.

I continue to be amazed at how many meets everybody south of the border does... even when DD was doing invitationals it was never more than 3/season. DD loves to compete and would be happy to do more, though it's sure easier on the rest of the family the way it is :D

Arcade,

We will probably be at Fiesta Bowl, too. No Spring meet schedule yet. Even if Abby isn't able to compete due to finances, we would love to come cheer your DD on! :)

Morgansmom and Madigym00, we will also be at Tiger Paw, Gamecock Invite, and Charleston Cup. In addtion, we will be at the Carolina Classic Jan 8-10 and the Charleston Challenge Jan 29-31. My DD is a level 5, so I might see you guys there. We have 10 girls in Level 4 and 3 in Level 7. Depending on the schedule, we try and stay to support these levels also.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back