Age group question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I was wondering for USAG what are the rules or where can I find the page about it regarding age catagories for competition? This year has been so wacked, one meet I compete in the 15+ group and the next they have 15-16 and 17+ even though there are the same amount of people and the same people for that matter! I know for level 10 they have to have a 17+ group but my understanding was for the other levels it was generally 15+. It can be kind of annoying to have good competition but always get pulled out and "win" first in the 17+ catagory. Any one know the rules?

I think there may be suggested age groupings, but I don't think they're required to break them down any particular way. I've often wondered why teams don't make some attempt to have similar numbers in each group. For example, at DD's session at Chicago Style this year, at level 7 there were 45 girls in the 11-and-under category, 18 in the 12-year-old category, and 13 in the 13-and-up category. Nothing makes you want to scream like watching awards that go out 23 places!!!

Sorry... I didn't realize this was a T&T question. I'm very WAG-centric. I always assume that's what people are talking about. Sounds like age groups are very different in T&T.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back