Happy Abs , we do this almost every day so add this to the other workouts I will be posting this week.
What you need. Stop watch , carpet or something soft to lay on.
Start with 20 seconds each exercise, This ab set is all connected, no resting or down time, bam bam bam..
so read through it first , understand each exercise then excuse in order, you will see how it flows and breaks the stomach down.
I lovely named this "Happy Abs" about 15 years ago. this should be done at least 5 times a week.
1. Hollow body hold,
2. Twisting V ups, thats a V up that arms go back and then forward with both hands on the right side of the body, touch fingers on the floor, back down with arms going back behind the head, then up both hands to the left fingers touch the floor. repeat repeat repeat... Make sure that after hands touch the floor arms go back UP behind head, (kids like to cheat and keep hands in front).
3. Cone head crunches , while on your back, put legs straight up in the air, straight towards the ceiling L shape (toes pointed
take straight arms and put them behind your head with hands clasped, (the kids reverse hands cross arms and grasp hands) so the arms are straight behind the head holding the head in place with the biceps so the arms look kinda like a big cone on your head, hence the name.
4. Imaginary top climb, holding the same position (on back with legs straight towards the ceiling) keep head off the ground and reach each hand towards your toes like you are climbing a rope.
5. Bend Knees feet on the floor, hands behind the head, regular crunches
6. Same position put the right leg over the left and bring left elbow to right knee
7. Same position put the left leg ver the right and bring the right elbow to the right knee.
8. Same position put both feet flat on the floor bent knees , keep shoulders square to the ceiling , roll both knees to the Right keeping shoulder square with ceiling, keep crunching
9. Same exercise, roll knees to the left.
10. Same position. roll knees back to the right BUT turn the whole body to that direction execute a side crunch, try to bring left elbow to left hip
11. Same exercise roll to the left
12. stay on that (left) side, put elbow on the floor straight legs, left side plank. pulse the hips tiny bit , like a plank hold with a little rhythm .
13. same exercise to right side pulse
12. prone (normal plank hold)
14 supine (reverse plank)
15. Hollow body hold
16. Hollow body hold flutter feet.
Seal stretch. Next time do 20 seconds each phases, then up it to 30., Guys if they are stopping, pausing , cheating, then you're wasting your time . This whole workout should be non stop flowing from beginning to end. Do not up the time until they can make it through 20 seconds each phase. Also don't exceed that as 30 seconds each phase done correct is pretty good workout.
Enjoy!!!! more workouts coming soon.