WAG Coaches Gifts For Meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ladybird

Proud Parent
Our booster club hosts one or two meets each year and it is getting hard to come up with fresh, new ideas for coaches gifts. We don't have a budget yet, so at this point my committee is looking for any and all ideas.

Coaches, do most meets that you attend give coaches gifts? Tell some of your favorites and some things that you found not especially useful. Parents/meet coordinators, I want your input as well!

Personally, I am tired of all the gift giving, but that's a topic for another time ;)

I was hoping that the consensus would be that coaches' gifts weren't necessary. I am not sure if this is just a regional thing.

I've never heard of anything other than prizes. One met have a Starbucks card for the coach of each AA winner. Another gave a cash prize for the top AA of the level.

I've never heard of anything other than prizes. One met have a Starbucks card for the coach of each AA winner. Another gave a cash prize for the top AA of the level.

I love the idea of prizes! I'll have to run this by the committee.

Also been to meets that give gift cards to the coach of AA winners. It's fun because you can give it to the girl who wins and she can give it to her coach. Best gift ever received was a travel coffee mug with $5 Starbucks gift card.

I made thermos w/ downloaded gym logo & put a Starbucks GC inside one time for holiday gifts - went over well & you can get them done at Walgreens online

Also been to meets that give gift cards to the coach of AA winners. It's fun because you can give it to the girl who wins and she can give it to her coach. Best gift ever received was a travel coffee mug with $5 Starbucks gift card.

I made thermos w/ downloaded gym logo & put a Starbucks GC inside one time for holiday gifts - went over well & you can get them done at Walgreens online

I was thinking something along these lines. Thank you both!

One of our meets gives coaches the same shirt they give athletes which is nice, but not expected. One meet gave a bottle of wine. It was actually not the greatest meet up to that point, but that made me rethink ;)
But I don't expect anything, and in my experiences, coach gifts really are a rarity. Good coffee in the coaches room is a nice treat and good food is a bonus. But it's not a deciding factor whether or not we will return to the meet. I care much more about how well the meet is run and what kind of experience it is for the athletes.
I like the idea of raffles for the coaches, we've had those at a few meets. A handful of halfway decent gifts to a lucky few coaches rather than a bunch of knick knacks for everyone. And for some reason the girls seem to get a big kick out of hearing their coach's name being called and having to walk up to the front.

One of our meets gives coaches the same shirt they give athletes which is nice, but not expected. One meet gave a bottle of wine. It was actually not the greatest meet up to that point, but that made me rethink ;)
But I don't expect anything, and in my experiences, coach gifts really are a rarity. Good coffee in the coaches room is a nice treat and good food is a bonus. But it's not a deciding factor whether or not we will return to the meet. I care much more about how well the meet is run and what kind of experience it is for the athletes.
I like the idea of raffles for the coaches, we've had those at a few meets. A handful of halfway decent gifts to a lucky few coaches rather than a bunch of knick knacks for everyone. And for some reason the girls seem to get a big kick out of hearing their coach's name being called and having to walk up to the front.
Thank you so much for this! Such good advice.

Not done around here.

And I'm not sure why they would be. Coaches get their coaching fees and food. o_O They aren't volunteering.

And as others have said, good food and snacks would probably be most welcome.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back