Parents Favorite meet gift?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmastmom9

Proud Parent
What were some meet gifts you or your gymnasts liked? disliked?

We are hosting a meet for the first time and I am the gym mom. I want to make sure this meet runs smoothly and also that we can host one again after. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

My daughter really likes the leos, of course, but another meet gift that has stood the test of time was one of those drawstring bags you can wear like a backpack. It came with some hair ties, a collapsible travel brush/mirror, and some travel hairspray. Three years later she still uses the brush and the bag is her practice bag, so they have gotten good use.

I’m all my years in gymnastics both coaching and as a gymnast myself. I’ve seen maybe one meet every 5 years give a meet gift.

is that something that happens regularly at meets in the US? They would really give away leoatrds?

We are hosting a meet for the first time and I am the gym mom. I want to make sure this meet runs smoothly and also that we can host one again after. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated.
Our favorite gift ever was at Hills MD where they gave everyone electronic copies of all of the professional meet photos. They were lovely!

Our favorite gift ever was at Hills MD where they gave everyone electronic copies of all of the professional meet photos. They were lovely!
We got professional photos at another meet as well, but I felt that was more a gift for the parents than for gymnasts.
My daughter also loved a fleece blanket that she got at one meet (with the meet logo on it), and a winter hat (also with logo) from another meet (it's cold here for most of meet season).

Leos by far were the favorite! 2nd were fleece blankets. Cheaper options that were appreciated were drawstring backpacks and pouches (for makeup, hair thingys, etc).

I’m all my years in gymnastics both coaching and as a gymnast myself. I’ve seen maybe one meet every 5 years give a meet gift.

is that something that happens regularly at meets in the US? They would really give away leoatrds?
Every meet has a gift! Could be as small as a scrunchie or something more substantial like a fleece blanket. It's common for big regional meets to give away leos decorated with the meet theme and logo for the year.

Every meet has a gift! Could be as small as a scrunchie or something more substantial like a fleece blanket. It's common for big regional meets to give away leos decorated with the meet theme and logo for the year.
I‘m guessing your meets are pretty expensive!

My gymnast likes ANY gift :) But she's especially fond of wearable gifts (socks, winter hats, leos, t-shirts....

Another vote against the drawstring bags. We had leos at only two meets in the past 10 years. But they were both loved. Most of our meets come with a free t shirt from the vendor or $15 towards an upgraded shirt.

We got professional photos at another meet as well, but I felt that was more a gift for the parents than for gymnasts.
My daughter also loved a fleece blanket that she got at one meet (with the meet logo on it), and a winter hat (also with logo) from another meet (it's cold here for most of meet season).
Oh funny - our kids loved getting them. Might be an age/phone thing. I can see if my kid was really young, how that would not be a fun gift for her.

But, honestly, mine would also LOVE a fleece blanket. I don't think we've ever seen that as a gift, but I love it!

My dd really liked the short sleeve t-shirts that she got from meets. She wore the leos that were meet gifts even though she usually wasn't a fan of the designs. They were all GK sublimated ones with no sequins or anything, so pretty comfortable. Not really a fan of the drawstring bags. We have way too many of them. A fleece blanket would be great and could be a lot easier for you so that you don't have to worry about collecting and ordering certain sizes.

meet leos have been a consistent favorite since my daughter first started competing. We don't buy many practice leos because she gets several of these at meets and then regional and state meets. She has also gotten socks, color changing cups, t shirts, sweatshirts and a lightweight travel fleece blanket that rolls up ( so great for travel meets) as meet gifts.

Our gym hosts a meet every year and we used to give all the gymnasts leotards. We switched to t-shirts and sweashirts when covid hit. Leotards can be expensive, so the cost is often reflected in the registration fees.

My daughter received bright orange luggage tags with the meet logo last year. At the time she wasn’t completely impressed but when we travel she always says to look out for the luggage with the bright orange tag with the meet name. This leads to us discussing that day and that meet which will lead to a conversation about what she is working on in the gym.

My daughter's favorite was always pajama pants that were given out at a particular meet. She was always disappointed if that meet wasn't on her gym's meet schedule. She still wears them all now!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back