Dani's 4th Meet Report + Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All,

Dani had a great meet overall. There were some ups and downs but mostly ups!! Here's the rundown:

Beam was first. She had a few bobbles and didn't make the press (but tried her damndest!!) but didn't fall
smiley.png

Score: 8.7-9th place

Floor was next. Her coach had her doing her ROBHS a bit differently to see what the judges would do with it. What Dani does is she does her RO, then immediately goes back into a back bend/bridge and then kicks her legs over and snaps down and rebounds. Doing it this way she doesn't get the deduction for the spot, just some form deductions. IT WORKED!!!!
Score: 9.20!!!!
grin.png
grin.png
grin.png
4th Place!!!
grin.png
grin.png
grin.png

I was so shocked when I saw that score--and thought for sure they would end up changing the score like at one of her previous meets but the judge kept it! Yay!!!

Vault was next. Dani seems to always balk one vault and sure enough she balked the 2nd leaving only one for scoring. Her first vault was nice, though.
Score: 8.7 - 5th Place

Bars was last. She seemd to have an okay warm up, but when it came to her routine she had some problems. Afterwards, she said that the bars felt slippery and actually slipped her right hand on her front hip circle on low bar. That must have freaked her out because when she jumped to high bar, she was tentative and didn't have enough power to go into the kip. Plus she said that the bar was slippery and she was afraid she would fall so she just improvised with an extra swing and a pullover. She finished the routine strong but it was her lowest score yet
sad.png

Score: 7.60 - No Place

AA was a 34.20 (one tenth lower than last meet). I think the winning AA was 36.05. It seems like there weren't too many super high AA's in this session, so the new rules are working. The kids are where they should be and there are no more "sandbaggers" sweeping everything.

Here's the video:

[video=youtube;ewa-nxV3qEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewa-nxV3qEQ[/video]

Congrats to her! Her beam has improved so much, it's getting so solid. And her dance on floor was as always picture perfect. :) I bet you're so proud! LOVE the picture at the end of the splits on the two beds. I have an almost identical picture of me doing that way back when!

Thanks Beth!!! Dani was so estatic after that floor routine!!! She is so psyched now and she has gained a new confidence!! She now knows that she IS capable of doing it by herself, and she is getting closer and closer to connecting the RO and BHS. She has come so far with the sport despite her fear and I am just so proud that she perserveres and continues to push through!! Thanks again for your support with her journey Beth!!!

WTG Dani. Sounds like she had a great meet. And love how the coach told her to do her ROBHS. Im sure just the fact she was able to get out there and complete the routine without a spot had to make her fee wonderful. Im sure that it wont be long now and she will be connecting that.

WTG Dani. Sounds like she had a great meet. And love how the coach told her to do her ROBHS. Im sure just the fact she was able to get out there and complete the routine without a spot had to make her fee wonderful. Im sure that it wont be long now and she will be connecting that.

Thanks Deanna!! Her coach knew she was getting hit so hard with the spot deduction, because the rest of the routine is really strong. It's like having to push that baby bird out of the nest--they might not fly gracefully at first, but doing it on their own gives them the confidence that will make them soar!!! (Corny, I know but Oh, so true!!!)

Looks like she had a great meet!! Certainly a wonderful floor routine, what a great idea on the Round-off back handspring!!

What division does she compete in?

Looks like she had a great meet!! Certainly a wonderful floor routine, what a great idea on the Round-off back handspring!!

What division does she compete in?

She competes for Mason Dixon (an optional league in Md area) in the Level B division (the skills are comparable to USAG Level 5).

She did a great job. Very cool that she could improvise on the BHS tumbling pass, and that it worked out in her favor. What a great score for her on floor! :)

Aww, She is such a great little performer - What a lovely smile! She did great and I'm sure she'll have her bhs in no time!

Great job, Dani! Awesome job to the coach for thinking up that solution and to Dani for carrying it through, her hard work is really paying off. Her beam was beautiful as always and the rest of her floor routine is amazing, she has much more charisma out there than most kids! I'm sure she'll have the bhs by herself in no time, even if it needs a stop in between. Sounds like this meet was a big step in the right direction! And most importantly, it looks like she and her teammates are having a blast and enjoying each other and the whole experience.
I had a teammate many years ago who had issues with the ro-bhs-bhs in level 5 and our coach had to rephrase corrections or refer to the pass as "ro one and then another" to get her to go for it. It's funny how silly little things like that can sometimes work wonders. Hopefully this change will do the trick for Dani because that floor routine deserves many more 9s!

She has improved so much since I have been watching her videos. What a wonderful coach to help her through and not abandon her with her back tumbling issues. Each of those little steps is taking her closer and closer to her goal. I am sure that in no time we will be seeing a SHE DID IT post!

WTG, Dani!! It sounds like she had an awesome time, and a fun meet! She's very fun to watch, and I bet those are fun meets...what with not everyone doing the same routines (like we see :p)

Congratulations to Dani, especially on her floor! Kudos to the coach for figuring out a way for her to get rid of the spot deduction. As always, her dance is just lovely.

She did great! I love the changed BHS pass. She did it great and it sounds like it worked out well for her. And man, she has beautiful split leaps! Way to go Dani!

WTG Danni! So glad the change in the BHS pass works so well, she will have it connected now in no time! Love to see all her improvements! And better yet, all the fun she always has!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back