WAG First Level 9 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Ugh, wrote a whole meet report and IE went crazy.....

Little Monkey had a great day! She loved being part of a TEAM. And Team took 2nd :D

Started on bars with shaky warmups. Not sure of SV but not 10.0 because she does a kip/cast after pirouette before baile. Didn't quite hit handstand. Scored 8.75 (5th place).

Beam routine was changed last week from switchleap back tuck and straddle tuck 3/4 to switchleap tuck 3/4 and straddle BT. Had a huge wobble after her BHS LO series, literally hanging by a toe, lol. And a big pause between the switchleap and tuck jump. SV 9.9, score 8.55 (6th).

First 2 tumbling passes were changed this week, with some other tweaks on Thurs. Managed 8.775

Vault warmups were not great... but managed to pull 9.15 on her yurchenko pike and tied for 1st with her teammate!

Placed 4th AA out of 13 girls in Jr A. Very proud of her, my kid who still doesn't have a confident squat on!

IE is always crazy on here. CB hates it. Your dd got some great scores for a first meet at L9. Oh ha on that squat on I still can remember those L5 posts!

I'm not sure if it makes me feel better or worse to hear about level 9's who still don't have consistant squat-ons (says the mom of the level 7 without a consistant squat-on). But fabulous first level 9 meet for her! She should be very proud (and I know you are)!

I'm not sure if it makes me feel better or worse to hear about level 9's who still don't have consistant squat-ons (says the mom of the level 7 without a consistant squat-on). But fabulous first level 9 meet for her! She should be very proud (and I know you are)!

At her old gym, she was allowed to compete 3 years (twice level 5, 1 L6) without squat on. Literally would "fall" (mental) at every meet and coach would put her up on highbar to finish routine. Current gym would never have allowed her to compete with that! At end of L6 we got a new (good) coach who got her to the point of being able to do it and well enough to score 9's. Even now, she is sent to the side to do squat ons everytime she misses one she has to do 10 in a row before being allowed to continue with other skills!

At her old gym, she was allowed to compete 3 years (twice level 5, 1 L6) without squat on. Literally would "fall" (mental) at every meet and coach would put her up on highbar to finish routine. Current gym would never have allowed her to compete with that! At end of L6 we got a new (good) coach who got her to the point of being able to do it and well enough to score 9's. Even now, she is sent to the side to do squat ons everytime she misses one she has to do 10 in a row before being allowed to continue with other skills!

DD took a LONG time to get her squat-ons, but never missed one at a level 5 meet (though she missed more than she stuck in practice). She missed at every meet but 2 at level 6, and so far has had one level 7 meet... she missed it repeatedly in warm-up but hit it in competition. HC was in the process of trying to teach her a sole circle to help combat the falls, but then she fell on her neck while doing one, so I don't know if that is off the table for the moment or not. I know it is totally a mental thing because she certainly CAN do them. My goal for this season is for my daughter to never hear the words "squat on" come out of my mouth. She has good coaches. She is a hard-working gymnast. They'll figure it out eventually. (I just keep telling myself that.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back