Off Topic Gym Facebook

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone!

I have just taken over my Club's Facebook page and am trying to increase engagement.
I have lots of ideas in terms of a marketing aspect, but I want to do things that the parents and older gymnasts will enjoy.

The 1st thing I started is Motivational Mondays with positive quotes.
I'm also thinking a featured gymnast (different than Gymnast of the month), where an athlete will showcase a skill in a short video.

What are some things your club's page does or you'd like to see on your club's page?
(photos from each meet/comp are already posted)

Include videos of the little bitty cuties being funny or silly or trying skills for the first time. Everyone likes cute funny toddlers with undies or diapers creaping out of little leos. Hee hee.

Training videos - both the successes ("Suzie got her kip! woo!") and the outtakes (misses, non-dangerous falls, etc). Outtakes can be pretty funny as long as they aren't scary-looking. Make sure to feature all kinds of kids from all programs - not just the team superstars.

If you allow others to upload videos to your page (or send to you to view and select ones to post), you could do fun Contests or Challenges where your followers have to do something and upload a photo or video of themselves doing it. Best video(s) could either win something, or be featured on the page. Examples: Most pushups with a dog/cat on your back. Doing splits in crazy places. Teach your parent a gymnastics move..

Also things like "Caption This Photo" or "Draw a costume on the coach for St Patrick's Day" (using a photo app, which many kids have) contests are fun.

Links to interesting gym blog articles, videos of skill progressions and tips, resources for parents, and other larger-gym-community posts ("check out this amazing vault from Sweden's top junior") are also a nice mix in your feed beyond what's happening at your own gym.

I follow one very popular gym Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/GymnasticsWorld/?fref=ts) that regularly posts coaching videos on Youtube also, but I enjoy so much of them posting videos and pictures of all of their levels, groups and classes! It's so fun to watch how let's say their Excel silvers or rec teams practice. They also seem to have super fun all the time and the coaches are so good with the kids! If I was a parent and saw that page, I would send my child there with no doubts. It's important to show the positive atmosphere, not always just level 10s trining their series on beam or release moves with serious faces, bloody hands and sweat on their foreheads. Those videos you can find from Youtube or Instagram easily but there aren't that many that show how Excel bronzes practice their floor routines.

They also post individual from struggle to success videos (like how one gymnasts struggled with her giants for ages and ages and then got them back doing some specific drills). I enjoy them also!

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions!
I will definitely add these to my document to bring up at our next meeting :)

As for parental permissions, all of the parents sign a media waiver once they enter the competitive program that allows us to use athletes in social media, print, advertising etc.
Our recreation program doesn't have this though so unfortunately no itty-bitty's unless the parents post first (and we reshare).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back