WAG Is a straddle press with no lean possible?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnndance

Coach
Proud Parent
Hey guys,

I am looking for a video of a person performing a straddle press from straddle L with as little lean as possible. I have not been training for a few months now as I was really busy, but I can still press up from straddle L and lower down controlled, which really surprised me. When I was in full training, I could do around 5 reps comfortably, sometimes cracking the 10 rep mark but with very bad form!

Here is a video what my best presses looked likes if someone is interested:

upload_2016-11-1_0-25-30.gif
upload_2016-11-1_0-25-30.gif

Now my question - How little lean is possible?

The more flexible you are and the better your technique, the less strength you need. So I would like to have a video of someone performing a press and almost requiring no strength due to excellent technique.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Flexibility and technique mean you don't need as much strength, true. For presses body proportions are important too. For example, from what I've seen anecdotally, people who carry very little weight in the lower half of their body (slender hips/butt and small legs) have an easier time with presses. I'd also imagine that shorter legs make it easier to clear the floor.

Sorry!
Maybe now?

I know my press was never perfect, but Inam getting really interested in that and thought maybe someone has a video of avreally perfect no lean press...

Sorry!
Maybe now?

I know my press was never perfect, but Inam getting really interested in that and thought maybe someone has a video of avreally perfect no lean press...

Um… your press is AMAZING. I'm very impressed. As for a video of presses with very little planching, I always thought the two examples in the beginning of this video were amazing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back