WAG Level 7 Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That is sad! Even my L4 has done timers. (I think for tsuks though?) Obviously that is not their main focus at all, but at least it keeps them interested and sets the stage. But I bet your DD's FHS vault is amazing!
Uh, well, she got 9's and up all season as a 4, but I think amazing might be a stretch. :D Would kinda rather see these timers started bc those yurchenkos make me very nervous. The more practice leading up to them, the better! Not that I would ever tell DD...

Hahaha, if it actually happens, maybe I'll post some videos of my son competing what I expect to be a Yuck-chuck-co this season. He just started learning it this summer. The scoring potential is low, but the entertainment value should be priceless.

LOL. fortunately, very few 9s actually compete them. most still do tsuks or fhs ft.

Fhs has front entry over vault and lands on feet on landing mat(well below vault height, dependent on vault setting). Front timer would front entry over vault and land on feet on a mat stack at or above the level of the vault.
Lol, sometimes our girls do that for fun... I don't have the heart to tell them they are actually training for higher level vaults.
We do have a few girls intentionally working yurchenko timers. One is almost ready to flip it... The other 2 are just landing on the mat stack.

Interesting! Our group (training levels 4/5) has been working front timers for a while (nice to have a name to put with the skill!). Definitely helping them block better! They also work front tucks and layouts off the springboard over a soft block which seems to be helping them develop a strong punch. I don't talk to their coach much about what the drills are for so it's fun to hear about what they are working towards.

The first optional level in my country does timers as competition vaults. Works well for us! There are 6 different options: a front timer to feet, a front timer to stomach, a tsuk timer to feet, a tsuk timer to back, a yurchenko timer to feet and a yurchenko timer to back. They have different values and most kids start with the front timer to feet or the tsuk timer to feet which are the easiest vaults and when they get better they do those harder timers to back or stomach. Yurchenko timers are the highest scoring vaults. When the gymnasts move up to the next (and final) optional level they are pretty much ready to do flipping vaults and scary tsuks or yurchenkos are not seen that much.

We also have a separate "elite stream" after compulsories and they have 4 optional levels. The first level competes a yurchenko timer without the table and the second one has a table and a mat stack behind. The last levels do flipping vaults.

Uh, well, she got 9's and up all season as a 4, but I think amazing might be a stretch. :D Would kinda rather see these timers started bc those yurchenkos make me very nervous. The more practice leading up to them, the better! Not that I would ever tell DD...
Vault is my kids worst event since before she was even a level. I remember her second meet that goofy pancake my kid decided to do flips for warm up. Husband was like holy cow did you see what she did. I was like umm this is not good. Judge tells coach umm I will have to give her a zero. Coach was like umm she is 6. Kid managed her pancake, I forget the score but it was not stellar.............................

9s are pretty freaking good from this perspective........................

That is sad! Even my L4 has done timers. (I think for tsuks though?) Obviously that is not their main focus at all, but at least it keeps them interested and sets the stage. But I bet your DD's FHS vault is amazing!

Yup...level 4 here doing timers for tsuks and borderline flipping into pit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back