WAG Mobility Meets???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had 4 xcel platinum girls last year. The decision has been made to move over to the JO program. Based off of skills and scores last year, these girls are ready for level 6 (almost level 7).

Instead of competing at extra meets to have them qualify through level 4 and 5, I heard about mobility meets, but am having a hard time getting more information about them. How can I find these mobility meets? Did I miss them already?

Mobility meets are often small meets, not as expensive as regular meets. Mostly used for testing out of 4/5, sometimes its an in-house meet. If the girls are over 14 or in high school, you can petition them into optionals.

If it is only 4 girls, you may want to hold the meet yourself. Get the appropriate sanction. If you know any judges, reach out to one and see if he or she would be willing to come to the gym and do it. Charge the girls enough to cover the sanction and judge's fees, etc. The entire "meet" for 4 gymnasts doing 2 levels won't take that long. They can score out of both the same day. Have them stretch before the judge is set to arrive. Then have them warm up their Level 4 events (traditional format meet) for L4 so the actual "meet" goes faster. After that, they compete all for events. Give them a short break, if needed, then have them do Warm Up - Compete format for the Level 5 events.

Our gym is hosting a mobility meet this weekend. It’s very small, maybe just our gym and a few others. It’s usually set up specifically by the gym looking to score out kids.

Most mobility meets are held in-house at your gym. We hold 2 every year, one for our compulsory girls and one for our optional girls. The meet is sanctioned so these scores can be used to either move up or qualify for state.

This is my understanding as well, I've never heard of mobility meets being open to other gyms. Just something a gym does for their own gymnasts.
Our state has quite a few mobility meets, and usually anyone is welcome. OP, check your state's meet schedule, usually found on the state's USAG site. Or, just pay the $50 - $60 per gymnast to enter a regular meet, it will cost you more to host one yourself, because a sanction is $100 and then you have to pay the judges.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back