WAG Muliple programs - how do you do it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jabba

Coach
Anyone out there have multiple programs trying to practice at the same time in the gym? Like two different types of womens teams? How do you do it, especially factoring in classes? Are you on set schedules or does one team or league take priority? Open to any and all thoughts. If you are from a small gym (as in building size / lack of equipment), that is even more helpful.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I have often commented at our new gym and our old gym that I am amazed by the coordination that must go on to keep things flowing so smoothly down in the gym! Both gyms almost always have several boys' levels and several girls' levels all working at the same time, plus the rec kids; but it all seems to work. I have always assumed that they have some sort of schedule that they stick to; but I'm not sure on that.

Planning! We have a schedule and we stick to it. I have a big white board with the gym drawn in sharpie on it. Each group is given a color and I write the time in that color by the station the coach needs to be. Our kids stay with one coach for the entire time of their class. We run at least 6 or more classes at a time. We can have rec, boys, cheer, martial arts and 4 different competition groups from lv1-8 all at the same time. Everyone knows where they are going. If they need their group to work on bars more for instance because they are closer to competing you must bring that up to me ahead of time.We are a small city gym that is part of a larger building facility.

^^^I want to like this a hundred times. Thank you!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using ChalkBucket mobile app

We have a small gym & a set rotation schedule. If there are conflicts you can submit a request to look at the issue. If you need more time on an event you must discuss the option with the next coach coming to the event prior to workout. If the answer is no.... That's the answer. They have an agenda for their kids too.

Most of the time the staff works well together and get what is needed accomplished for our kids.

We typically have 4 women's' competitive team groups in the gym simultaneously & training team groups & rec.

The key is to plan!! & be considerate of others.

Definitely have to set a rotation schedule, especially for girl's teams and rec.

Boys, to be honest not so much except for floor, vault, and tumble-trak/trampoline time besides HighBar time if a rail needs to be switched out or used (if a strap bar needs to be used) or pit bar.

When we first started at our gym is was total chaos! No one knew where to go or how long to be there and there would literally be arguments over which girls went where. I remember thinking from the viewing area that I could organize this better than them! They NEED a plan! Fast forward several years and new staff that works better together and it seems they have a loose schedule for each of the girls/teams. Sometimes the coaches aren't sure what the girls did last and they ask and work around it. We have lots of groups going at once especially during the school year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back