Anon Coach fitting into a new gym

• Thread starter Anonymous (c223)
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (c223)

I have been a WAG competitive coach for more than 30 years. Compulsories through level 10. I stepped away for a few years and now I'm returning. The gym I am with now has about 60 team members and shares 8 coaches. The current coaching staff is young and likely has less than a few years of competitive coaching experience and development. The owner wants to incorporate me slowly into the team program before taking over a position. For example, help out on vault, bars, and tumbling with observation, corrections, progressions, and spotting. The current coaches are still responsible for leading the training. My 1st month has been bouncing between groups and getting to know the athletes and coaches. The vibe between myself and the athletes has been very positive. The athletes, parents, and the owner have stated that they love what I bring to the program. I feel I have connected positively with 6 out of the 8 coaches on the team staff. There are 2, in particular, I suspect they feel threatened by my presence. They often reject my help with phrases like "I got this" or "_____ needs more help than I do". This program is hindered by the lack of experience and arrogant attitudes of these 2 coaches. I am open to suggestions or stories of how you integrated a new coach into a competitive program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back