WAG Qualifying Scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
Ok sorry if this is a dumb question, but DD doesn't have her first meet until December so I don't know how this works yet....to qualify for state, is it an AA score from one meet or do they use the highest individual event scores from the season? Just Curious.

And the AA (which means "All Around") score to qualify for state is different in each state. We're in Region 1 (Norcal) and last year lvl 3 was 34.5, lvl 4 was 34.5. I hear they slightly change these from year to year and even during the season may drop the qualifying score if there are not enough people qualifying.

It's just an accumulation of all the scores they got on each event at ONE meet. The key being they have to get that score at one meet. They don't take all her personal bests over the season and add it up or anything like that.

After she gets that AA score it doesn't matter if she gets that score again in that level. It just takes one meet with the qualifying score to get into state.

Good luck!

@notthatmom -- I think you and I are from the same State (not stalking you :), but you mentioned your State in the Region 5 social group). In any event, I recently noticed that the qualifying score for the Levels 3, 4 and 5 State meet was increased for this year. You can find the new information in the July 2016 minutes posted on the state usag website. Just wanted to make sure you saw that!

Here it's a score of 32 in two meets. Funny how it varies so much state to state.

Same here. They voted years ago to raise the qualifying score for state meets for the USAG program to be two 32s during the same season. I think it was to raise the caliber of gymnastics at the state meet and to weed out the "just squeaked in" gymnasts. AAU is only 29 AA..

Mobility scores for levels is set by USAG and is national, but states can regulate themselves somewhat for state meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back