Parents Random mom complaint

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
** maybe we need a rant board/group to get the frustrations out**

Ok, so this is a long rec complaint.

Background: Since our move meant YDD couldn't join a full t&t team she has been doing a rec tumbling and tramp class (just those two, no double mini). Since she had barley competed L7 last season before getting a huge block on tramp she didn't want to let go of the sport completely until she got past her block. I agreed that was fair and signed her up for the rec class and she's been going about 5 weeks now. It's the only local gym with any sort of tramp training at all.

Fast forward.

The complaints:
First, the price has been raised twice. In five weeks. Second the commutation is absolutely abysmal. Third- the scheduling. They schedule team and rec artistic practices for the same time as tumbling. This is a tiny gym. The tumbling class doesn't get to use the floor at all. It's a tumbling class. It's one hour. Make a rotation schedule. Then they punt them to tramp early. Great?

Nope. They don't have a rec tramp coach. The team coach is coaching team during the rec class and barely even looks at rec kids who got 20 mins of their scheduled 45 (which was an hour because they finished non-tumbling early) and then kicked off tramps so the tramp team can use them. Then they did beam runs the rest of class. When they were on tramp they had no warm up at all. Then they worked front tucks and my DD worked baranis. She asks to try and work other skills and is ignored. She politely waited after class last week to talk to the coach and explain she was a L7 last season and what she would really like to work on. Ignored.

So, we pay for a 2 hour t&t class that can't use the floor or tramps and doesn't have a tramp coach. Massively frustrating and my DD will never get her skills back at this pace. But there is nowhere else and we are stuck.

Caveat:
We love, love, love the tumbling coach. He just 'gets' my DD and she's done more learning and gotten braver with him in 3 classes (he's new too) than the past three years combined.

Ahhh, now I feel better!

Grr. Tried to edit my errors (angry typing on your phone is never a good idea) but I couldn't. Hopefully you get the gist.

Ugh I'm so sorry! That is beyond frustrating and quite frankly sounds unsafe that they are not supervised well or coached during part of the class! I'm glad she likes the tumbling coach, but I completely understand why you are upset.

Any dance studios with acro or even a cheer gym nearby (I know, I know the dark side lol) but if she likes to tumble, these might be a good option and may even have a competitive track for her with her previous experience.

And I agree a rant/vent board would be amazing! Particularly one that is a social group and more private. That way we can get our petty vents out without being busted! LOL!

oh that is so annoying. So unfair to your dd class who are paying good money for the class. Have you tried discussing the issues of floor time with the office/ coach .

Ugh I'm so sorry! That is beyond frustrating and quite frankly sounds unsafe that they are not supervised well or coached during part of the class! I'm glad she likes the tumbling coach, but I completely understand why you are upset.

Any dance studios with acro or even a cheer gym nearby (I know, I know the dark side lol) but if she likes to tumble, these might be a good option and may even have a competitive track for her with her previous experience.

And I agree a rant/vent board would be amazing! Particularly one that is a social group and more private. That way we can get our petty vents out without being busted! LOL!

Her dance studio doesn't offer that and they aren't allowed to train at additional studios. She loves her dance school and the training is really solid, so I'm ok with that. She actually never liked tumbling before and hasn't rumbled at ALL in over a year. This coach was somehow magic so there wouldn't be tumbling anywhere else. At least not till she's been doing it long enough to get some confidence back.

oh that is so annoying. So unfair to your dd class who are paying good money for the class. Have you tried discussing the issues of floor time with the office/ coach .

I've emailed the owners a handful of times- no answer. I've stopped at the desk and asked questions- anything bigger than paying a bill or grabbing a schedule they say talk to the owners. I've never spoken to the tumbling coach but he just started last week, and I doubt he has control over the resources in the gym.

Having been a ranter, and also the kind to see the bright side: I'm so glad she's got the tumbling coach who gets her!!!
After 8 years at a gym with a coach who totally "got" my DD, and other coaches who totally didn't,,, try and focus on that, and then just hope that they figure the rest out :)

I would be upset too. I am sure coordinating times on events is hard, but that is their job. I don't understand why gyms don't work out rotation schedules before hand. It drives me crazy too. But what you are describing is ridiculous. Have you talked to any other parents and do they realize what is going on? Do you think they are trying to drive them away (almost like by raising prices and not even doing the events they are wanting them to quit) or are just overwhelmed. Either way, you deserve to get the actual coaching and time on the equipment that you are paying for!

Rant away, bad scheduling and lack of communication s$cks.

Wonder how they feel if paid or didn't like that. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back