WAG Really cool beam routine appreciation post

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

creds to Rachel Borden, Legacy Elite

I first saw this great routine, actually, in the fail video. (2:05)

She also has, in addition to that amazing mount, some cool overpoint work and a sweet backwalkover.

I like Omelianchik, I think she has a confidence/flair on beam plus some neat skills. She actually dances her choreo...and even has a facial expression to match.

Li Li also has some really cool skills, especially starting around 1:01.

This 1977 routine by Maria Filatova is 40 years old now - however I think it has stood the test of time well. Maria was one of the innovative Soviet gymnasts who helped to increase the difficulty in the sport in an era when there was no benefit in having the most difficult routine ( and a lot of danger in making mistakes)

Another gymnast who managed to embody the Soviet balletic style with innovation was Olga Mostepanova - here she is competing her own move at 1983 Worlds at a time when it was uncommon for gymnasts to have moves named (although Onodi claimed it years later despite not being the innovator)

Just out of curiosity, the first videos posted of Rachel Borden (lovely routine especially mount) would that get full 10.0 SV for L10? I noticed the back walkover was the only backward element so wasn't sure if it would be subject to compositional deductions. It's a great forward series on beam and definitely unique!

Elizabet Vasileva is something else. I heard she used to be a rhythmic gymnast?

She used to train both rhythmic and artistic but stopped training rhythmic in like 2015 or 2016 I think.
I heard from people who know stuff about rhythmic (aka not me) that she was pretty below level in that discipline. I can't imagine trying to train at an elite level in two gymnastics disciplines...
Not to mention it seems like the training for one would interfere with the other. As well as different body types being favored.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back