WAG Search brings "no results" multiple times

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lynn

Proud Parent
I'm hoping someone can help. Not long ago the topic of ankle weights was mentioned and I would like to reread the responses as my DD came home last night and said she was working on split jumps on beam with weights.

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Wanted to mention also that I am searching from my phone and don't know if that has anything to do with it.

balance beam is the worst possible apparatus to use ankle weights. yikes!

balance beam is the worst possible apparatus to use ankle weights. yikes!

Thank you! I've thought that for a longtime but didn't know if it was just a "parental fear" or what. Wish I could figure out a way to pass this info on to her HC's but they are both the ones who made the decision to use them.

Just curious, is it a safety issue or potential injury issue?

Safety issue...meaning fall off beam. Potential injury issue...meaning to body while using on beam.

Safety issue...meaning fall off beam. Potential injury issue...meaning to body while using on beam.
In addition to these is a big one--Staying on beam is about finding your center of gravity. When you add ankle weights to training it confuses the heck out of the girls when they take them off. They lose the "on feeling" they need to have during beam.

I saw this done at our old gym, but they were only 1# weights... So I don't know my daughter did it for a bit while training level 3/4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back