WAG Switch Leap Deductions??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymmieC

Proud Parent
This is just for my knowledge. I was going to ask a friend who judges, but I feel like I am bugging her so much with questions. I know I should get that book...I think DD has improved so much, but I noted the low, front leg on her sl. How much of a deduction is that really? She has to learn to stick her landings, but kid is just so BUBBLY!! ThNk you for any and all replies!:):cool:Callie's Level 7 Floor - YouTube

No clue, but just wanted to say what a cute routine that is. LOVE the choreography, and she does a great job. What was her score, if you don't mind me asking?

You can find the FIG code of points online which gives details of the required leg angles and the recommended deductions.

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

She is closer to full split than it appears, but it is an uneven split. Her back leg is higher than it needs to be.Would she have been deducted for that? Her coaches have told her the same about her back leg. She can get to 180 but I am not sure it is consistent.

She is closer to full split than it appears, but it is an uneven split. Her back leg is higher than it needs to be.Would she have been deducted for that? Her coaches have told her the same about her back leg. She can get to 180 but I am not sure it is consistent.
I was trying to quote the above poster.

That's a pretty darned good switch leap. The split is spread equally between the front and back leg, it's just a teensy bit under 180 degrees, but other than that I'd overlook the "tilt" at level 7. But then again I'm not a judge, so figure a .05 to .10 deduction. I'd like to see her left to her own as far as getting the tilt corrected, because the tilt is the result of her doing other fundamental things correctly, and you can mess up the good stuff when trying to get rid of the itsy bitsy deduction.

The best place to improve that skill would be her knees.... they seem to be just shy of straight throughout the leap, but that could just be the video's fault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back