switch leg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Back when I was a new level 5 my coach had me try a front handspring step out. I was quite awful at them, so she had me try it off the cheese, and I managed to do a switch leg front handspring step out and according to everyone there it was actually quite graceful too. Of course I didn't manage to replicate it again, but I decided that I was going to work on it. I forgot about it for a while, but a couple summers ago I started working on a switch leg front walkover, and it took a while but I did manage to master it and now I can even connect 3-4 of them. They have actually become one of my favorite skills, and I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried a switch leg front walkover before. I highly recommend them :) I kick up as I would into a bad leg handstand and then finish the front walkover just as I would a normal front walkover. Try it and tell me what you think!

I would think that this would be a fairly big deduction in competition. Occasionally we do switch-leg BWOs for fun, but whenever someone switches their leg when they're not told to, they're yelled at. Maybe I have a misconception about this...

They sound like they would look cool fast, though.

For compulsories, it would be an issue, but not for optionals.

Some optionals at my gym have done switch leg FWOs in their routines.

I often do them in the gym for fun (not in routines) and I do them on both legs and I do switch leg BWOs too!I think theyre really graceful and i do them super slowly to work on control too!

i have done a few switch leg front walkovers but last year i started working switch leg front handsprings on beam. I never got very far with them, only the low beam, but they seemed fairly good. now i don't get to work on them anymore but i get to start other skills soon.

For awhile I played with a switch leg backwalkover connected into a fronthandspring. I started with my good leg, then switched so that my bad leg landed on the beam first and I could swing my good leg through.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back