WAG To call or not to call; that is the cgm's question.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Coach called me back and left a message. She says they're doing testing in two weeks for move-ups. My blood is boiling a little. I don't think she even remembers our previous conversation and I don't think she really knows that my daughter already has all the skills and has had them for months. I guess I care more than I thought I did.

Do I call back or just leave it alone. I definitely won't be calling today. I'm too annoyed.

I say just wait out the two weeks. Save your callbacks for when it will really make a difference. If she has the skills what's it really matter if she moves now or in 2 more classes?

So her class meets once a week? And the coach matter of factly said they will test in two more weeks? I'd let it be and in two and a half weeks if you haven't heard, chat with the coach.

Your daughter is 5. Two weeks won't make a difference.

Coach called me back and left a message. She says they're doing testing in two weeks for move-ups. My blood is boiling a little. I don't think she even remembers our previous conversation and I don't think she really knows that my daughter already has all the skills and has had them for months. I guess I care more than I thought I did.

Do I call back or just leave it alone. I definitely won't be calling today. I'm too annoyed.

Lol! Relax! It sounds like they just want to do all move-ups at one time. I know it's frustrating ..... I once had a "moment" here on FB about having to wait 3 MONTHS because of an injury DD had. I was (thankfully) talked off the ledge and everything worked out just fine. ;)

I agree with you guys, and most likely will not call.

I'm just annoyed with the lack of communication. It's been two months and two weeks, ya know?

Her class meets twice a week. One session is with the main coach in charge of moves - this is the one who called. The other session is with another coach.

Lol! Relax! It sounds like they just want to do all move-ups at one time. I know it's frustrating ..... I once had a "moment" here on FB about having to wait 3 MONTHS because of an injury DD had. I was (thankfully) talked off the ledge and everything worked out just fine. ;)

Thanks. I'm annoyed because it's annoying. I think it's okay to be annoyed here in my bedroom and on an anonymous talk forum. Haha. I'm sure I'll be un-annoyed after a Haagen Dazs bar or something:)

I'm just annoyed with the lack of communication. It's been two months and two weeks, ya know?

Her class meets twice a week. One session is with the main coach in charge of moves - this is the one who called. The other session is with another coach.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but lack of communication is common. Our current gym is great at communication. Don't get me started on our previous.

This is just the beginning of annoying things that happen in gymnastics, so unfortunately you will have to get used to it. Now that you've spoken to the coach, two weeks isn't all that long to wait, especially if you're sure she has the skills and is ready.

Yep, some gyms just stink at communication. I would give them the two weeks plus maybe one more and if you haven't heard something, gently inquire again. CB is a safe place to come and let off some steam. :)

I would say that, overall, communication is not any gym's strong point. My daughter's gym is great…I've never had complaints….but aside from the team web page, which is updated occasionally, we need to either wait to hear from the head coach or email….they have tons of girls, tons of parents and tons to do. So I figure if they don't contact me, all must be good. Mind you, my daughter is 15 and Level 9, we've been doing this for, like, forever and basically know that it is what it is! If your daughter is safe and happy, that's what matters. If you have safety concerns and/or she comes home crying and complaining regularly, those are the times to call/email!

In the greater spectrum of things, two months/two weeks is NOTHING! She will take years to learn skills and 10 years down the road, two months won't matter!!

Well if the child stays in the sport for 10 years (statistically unlikely) it won't mean anything but lack of communication, changing of timeframes without telling parents is annoying. When you have young or several children not knowing when classes are can be extremely annoying and inconvenient. Lol easier when they are at gym every night otherwise class changes can involve changing everyone's timetables, getting babysitters if you are lucky, arranging lifts.

Two months is not that long at all in gymnastics time, just wait the two weeks and see what happens. If she's ready they will move her up, if not then they will move her when she is. No point in going all CGM on them, if she sticks with gymnastics you will end up driving yourself crazy. If she's having fun and happy just let it go.

Well if the child stays in the sport for 10 years (statistically unlikely) it won't mean anything but lack of communication, changing of timeframes without telling parents is annoying. When you have young or several children not knowing when classes are can be extremely annoying and inconvenient. Lol easier when they are at gym every night otherwise class changes can involve changing everyone's timetables, getting babysitters if you are lucky, arranging lifts.

EXACTLY.

After thinking about it for a day, I've concluded, possibly falsely, that the coach probably remembers what she told me but is waiting for a few others in the class to get their skills so she could do a bunch of transfers at the same time. That's how I've made sense of it. It's not a big deal. I get it. I pulled my other daughter out of an my

Wasn't done. Oops.

I pulled my other child out of another extracurricular activity back in November when I thought we'd have a new schedule the following month. Now it's looking like I won't know the new schedule until February.

Again. Not a huge deal, but yes annoying. With three small children, I'm doing my best to make this work!

If my theory is true, I get why the coach wouldn't want to tell me exactly what was going on. I get it. I'm not going to make a thing of it. Either way. Moving forward:).

Breaking news! She got moved to the next class.

I never called back, so I'm not really sure why the change of plan, but I'll take it.

Thank you for tuning in to my pre-team angst. Until next time....the moral is...only be annoyed on the internet! Er....eat more Haagen Dazs bars?? Yeah, I have no clue.

Thanks for the support.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back