Vault-in need of intervention

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am going to tell her that one tonight! She can pretend it is her sister. Will tell sister to pretend the same thing! LOL Love the idea. Yes, Emma is a light weight as well.

As anyone that has seen our videos Midget's run was awful forever. She finally had a breakthrough and it not only helped the run but also the power off the springboard.

It was actually really simple.

Her coach told her to run like you were being chased by a crazy person.

The kid actually RUNS now. :D

Good luck with it, I agree with the others though. It will come with time.

Man I gotte tell ya, my coach used that on me growing up. I still run like a murderer is chasing me. No lie.

Emadelsmom, Have her run, really run down the street and back, clock her time, let her rest and then have her do it again, this time trying to beat her previous time. It will get her in the mindset of just running, cause really you shouldn't be focused on your running in vault, that should just be there, it's like math, you have to just know 1+2=3 without having to think about it, so you can focus on the harder parts of the problem. If her biggest issue is running, her speed, than she won't have the power to get off the board. Logically speaking if you are slow running towards the board than you are going to have no power to get off the board and into the air.

Try having her just run, and then try and beat her time. How old is she, btw? Also, I love her determination, thats an amazing trait to obtain. Hopefully she has that same determination for school. I know I didn't. I hated school. But I was just like your daughter in gym, If I didn't have something, I'd go until I got it, didn't matter how long it would take me, or how sore I'd be in t he morning. :)

Dance, thank you so much! Yes, she is very determined and self driven. Always has been. I honestly think she was born this way. It shocks everyone that meets her. Emma is 10. She loves gymanstics and loves doing it. She told her coach last night that she wished she could come to gym 5 days a week. LOL In school she is an A/B student. I don't stress about it.She is harder on herself than I have ever been. If she gets a not so good grade, she comes home in tears and upset. I end up having to reassure her. LOL She is in gifted classes and plays the viola. Very busy and very determined. :)
I love the running idea. We will try that. There is a new track near the house that will be perfect for that. Now if the weather will cooperate. LOL

Any secrets to preventing the dreaded stutter step near the spring board - or is that just something that becomes automatic eventually?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back