WAG vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mommyof1

Proud Parent
Is it possible that a kid who is terrible at, and terrified of, the FHS vault might be much better at the Tsuk? And would said child be able predict this based on *very* early work on the Tsuk timer? Asking for, um, a friend. ;)

Reactions: sce
Is it possible that a kid who is terrible at, and terrified of, the FHS vault might be much better at the Tsuk? And would said child be able predict this based on *very* early work on the Tsuk timer? Asking for, um, a friend. ;)

In our case, DD was terrible at (though not necessarily terrified of) the FHS and she ended up with a decent Yurchenko. She never did a Tsuk, though. The vaults are just all different.

In our case, DD was terrible at (though not necessarily terrified of) the FHS and she ended up with a decent Yurchenko. She never did a Tsuk, though. The vaults are just all different.

I think the non FHS entries are actually scarier. I would just give her time to get used to running full speed into a stationary object.

Different vaults are better for different kids. Whichever vault they do they need a very good run though and fear will always compromise that. Mine had a good FHS and her tsuk is working well for her. She says the yurchenko is easier to flip but she doesn't like it as much.

Maybe, but flipping a tsuk is really different than doing a roundoff over the mat table. It's like saying if you learned a roundoff fast you'll learn a roundoff back handspring fast. Could be, but not necessarily.

Maybe, but flipping a tsuk is really different than doing a roundoff over the mat table. It's like saying if you learned a roundoff fast you'll learn a roundoff back handspring fast. Could be, but not necessarily.

That is what I kind of suspected. Although the immediate concern is really just getting the timer ready for L6. It would be great if she were just less scared of the tsuk timer than she is of the FHS. I guess if she thinks it is a better vault for her, that alone will help.

That is what I kind of suspected. Although the immediate concern is really just getting the timer ready for L6. It would be great if she were just less scared of the tsuk timer than she is of the FHS. I guess if she thinks it is a better vault for her, that alone will help.

I agree!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back