Parents What are your yearly gymnastics fees?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pullover

Proud Parent
I have seen some threads on "how much for training hours" but not on the total price per year. We are just starting out and I've seen the list of team training fees but I don't know what to expect as far as meet fees and other team expenses in the first few years or later on for that matter. Would love to hear what you are all paying per year when it's all added together.

We pay a total of 6,000 per year for all the actual gymnastics stuff, plus travel (lots of gas and one hotel stay) expenses, and those will probably run about another $800. So about $7k a year for 6 hours of training a week, and 9 total competitions. Kind of insane (!!) when it's laid out there like that.

Eta: breakdown of fees

Tuition: $400 x 12 = $4800
Meet entry fees: $900
Meet fees/assessments: $200
Leo/warm up/ bag: $200
Spectators fees: $150-$200

Travel: $500-900 (depends on hotel for regionals)

So that's actually $6750-$7200. Total. Ouch! That's one kid on one team. I have no idea the meets costs for DD2 for T&T yet.

Last edited:
We pay a total of 6,000 per year for all the actual gymnastics stuff, plus travel (lots of gas and one hotel stay) expenses, and those will probably run about another $800. So about $7k a year for 6 hours of training a week, and 9 total competitions. Kind of insane (!!) when it's laid out there like that.

Eta: breakdown of fees

Tuition: $400 x 12 = $4800
Meet entry fees: $900
Meet fees/assessments: $200
Leo/warm up/ bag: $200
Spectators fees: $150-$200

Travel: $500-900 (depends on hotel for regionals)

So that's actually $6750-$7200. Total. Ouch! That's one kid on one team. I have no idea the meets costs for DD2 for T&T yet.

You pay $400/month for 6 hours per week?

I feel like we are hijacking the original thread, but yes and no. If I were paying less I would probably like it more. I am happy with the coaching but otherwise there are things I don't care for, and obviously the cost is one of them. We will not be there long term and at the time it was the best option I could find.

Tuition $3,840/year - - $320/month for 20 hours a week, Level 8
$750 Meet fees (5 meets, States and Regionals and coaching fees)
$150 leotard (every 2 years)
$150-200 warm ups (every 2-3 years)
$100 spectator fees
$75 grips
$100 practice leos (used on eBay)
Travel varies, one drivable travel meet (6 hours away), rest of meets are less 30 min to 1 hr away. Hotels possible for travel meets. But we use those and mini vacations as we can't afford real vacations, lol.

Interesting...our seasonal fees are $800 - $1400 per year. Uniform is $200 - $400 depending on level. Tuition is $170 (3 hours/week) - $490 (24 hours/week). Xcel and JO are on the same price schedule.

I'm in the uk too and pay £43 a month for 4 hours a week (aprox $65!!)
We pay to enter comps which is around £20 ($30 a time x 6)
Then we lay British gymnastics membership at around £20 a year ($30)

But our gym is a 3 piece gym not 6

If he moved gyms I am expecting this to rise as will my fuel costs (fuel roughly £10 a week and will easily rise to £30 and fuel her is ridiculously expensive)

Just done the calculations for this year.

Training - £650 (including additional pre-comp sessions)
Trampoline training - £360 (not compulsory, DDS choice)
Insurance - £20 (may increase depending on what comps she does next year)
Leo + club hoodie - £50
Comp fees - £100 (estimate)

No one show these figures to my husband please! :)

Ours is UK too so just for comparison

Training & insurance - £800
Club tracksuit & leo - £120 (although the tracksuit isn't changing I believe so half that for next year)
Competition entry - approx £25 each so far

Travel - approx £312 plus travel to competitions probably another £50-£100
Plus - training leotards, shorts, hand grips, loops, wrist bands, gloves, ankle weights, elastic, this year probably £100, £20, £12, £6*2, £5, £5, £10, £5 total £169

Total spend for year £1476 (US$2376)

OMG I really wish I hadn't done that...... £123 per month on one child's sport, and it isn't even her only one.:eek:

I know I will regret this but:

Training for the year is £1400 Plus occasional choreography and extra sessions say £100
Comp leo, warm up leo and tracksuit £200, but this has done two years so far and some was second hand, so £100 per year.
Competition fees £100 ish
Spectator fees and occasional stay in a luxurious premier inn £120
Leos, chalk, straps and gloves, handguards and misc. £150? I've been sooo good this year and only bought one new leo!

That's £1970 or $3162

I can't do travel. My brain just won't go there, my fingers are in my ears and I'm not listening, la, la, la. It's free. My car is powered by fairy dust ...

Ours works out like this:
11.5 hours a week for $250 ×12 = $3,000
Team fees $150
Meet fees $680 ×2 =$1,360
Entry to meets $60
1 travel meet hotel and gas $200
$4,770 per year. .. that is for two because my youngest is on scholarship currently.
If we lost scholarship we would be at $7,770 per year for 2. We are very fortunate and grateful for the scholarship. :)

ours is a little over $200/ month for 8 hrs. Then an additional $650 for meet fees and USAG card. This year we are traveling to a meet in Florida so our expenses are very high this year because that is an additional $3,000.

After its all said and done probably about $7,000

Give or take...

Aside from monthly tuition we pay the following:
yearly registration/insurance fee - $350 or so
new leotard - $240 or so
team fees (covers coaching and meet entry) - around $900 for compulsories and $1200 for optionals

There can be extra at the end of the season for regional or national travel, last year I had about $200 I needed to pay.

We pay $3600 for monthly tuition, $1200 in meet/coaches fees, $35 annual membership fee, $55 USAG fee, warm ups around $125 every other year, leo around $200 every other year, and a $30 bag if you need one.

We have about 5 meets that warrant overnight hotel stays so add another $525 for that. No idea about gas and food......

Ok...deep breath.

Tuition: $585/month x 12=$7020
Registration/team fee=$200
Leo/warmup=$400
Other "team gear"=$100
Meet fees=$840

*And* there is an out of state meet that I am estimating to be over $1000. It is not required but will be an excellent experience so in all reality we will probably send her. Most of our other meets are close, so no hotels for the most part.

I drive almost an hour to get her there. We have a carpool but it is still an extra tank of gas a week. I choose not to add that up because now we are hovering in the 5 figure range, and I just can't even....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back