MAG What skills do you hate the most?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
We all know everyone hates the wolves turns and side somis in WAG. But what skills can't you stand in MAG? For me it would probably be one-armed giants. Curious to hear your opinions!

I'm still mastering the names of the Level 5 moves so I don't have much to add but my boys LOVE seeing one armed giants! It blows their minds :)

I hate anything that is multiple twisting punch anything. (so back 2 1/2 punch full). I love to watch them, but they just look like knee bussters..

Reactions: sce
I hate anything that looks like they are dislocating their shoulders... as someone who HAS dislocated a shoulder once or twice, it hurts me to watch.

When my guy was a L5, he would do the back swing in his pbars routine nearly to handstand. The judges loved it, but I thought it was really gross. And you newer people whose kids only do mushroom will never have to endure the horror of the front pendulum swing on pommel horse in L5. Google at your own risk. You've been warned.

My boys have had their worst wipe outs at meets and worst injuries at practice doing floor tumbling passes. So I cringe watching floor tumbling. On the other hand I could watch floor strength and flexibility skills all day.

Careful what you wish for, Madden. My . . . ambitious . . . child has decided that he really wants THIS skill in his floor routine. After catching the last floor rotation when he was working on it, I've decided that I don't want to see another floor rotation for the next six months.

Careful what you wish for, Madden. My . . . ambitious . . . child has decided that he really wants THIS skill in his floor routine. After catching the last floor rotation when he was working on it, I've decided that I don't want to see another floor rotation for the next six months.

There is an even worse thing out there. Manna to handstand without a hop...

There is an even worse thing out there. Manna to handstand without a hop...

That full turn in crown position tho...

latest

Will I am weird. I love the man wipe. That is how I know there is only one more pass to hold my breath through...

Also love those manna things. Reminds me of yoga. I think those are the kind of skills that show remarkable precision and control that are falling away due to obsession with bigger and bigger tumbling. When the whole gym starts echoing with floor landing booms my blood pressure spikes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back