Coaches Help with JO USA Rules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys,

I am a coach from the UK and we have some WAG gymnasts doing a competition in Florida next year. We are trying to decide what level everyone should do and I'm finding the rules really hard to follow.

I have one gymnast in particular who does not compete backwards skills generally (she can do some very basic ones) due to severe mental blocks. As I look at the rules I think she's coming out as a level 8.

Can some American coaches let me know if these routines would be acceptable?

Vault: handspring 1.5 twist

Bars: kip, cast to handstand, top turn, sole circle, kip, cast to handstand, toe circle to handstand, giant, pike shoot with half turn ( I know she doesn't have the Salto dismount requirement but she cannot fly away)

Beam: mount, switch leap, full spin, forward walkover roundoff connection, split jump, W Jump , straight front dismount,

Floor
Straight front tuck front connection, handspring full twist, double spin, tour jete 1/2, split change 1/4

Thanks everyone!

Hi guys,

I am a coach from the UK and we have some WAG gymnasts doing a competition in Florida next year. We are trying to decide what level everyone should do and I'm finding the rules really hard to follow.

I have one gymnast in particular who does not compete backwards skills generally (she can do some very basic ones) due to severe mental blocks. As I look at the rules I think she's coming out as a level 8.

Can some American coaches let me know if these routines would be acceptable?

Vault: handspring 1.5 twist

Bars: kip, cast to handstand, top turn, sole circle, kip, cast to handstand, toe circle to handstand, giant, pike shoot with half turn ( I know she doesn't have the Salto dismount requirement but she cannot fly away)

Beam: mount, switch leap, full spin, forward walkover roundoff connection, split jump, W Jump , straight front dismount,

Floor
Straight front tuck front connection, handspring full twist, double spin, tour jete 1/2, split change 1/4

Thanks everyone!
Her vault would have a 9.7 SV.
On bars, the lack of salto dismount will leave her with a 9.5 SV, but the rest looks good to me.
On beam, she only has 2 acro (both B's, but only one with flight). She would lose 0.15-0.2 for acro not up to competitive level. For NO deduction there, she needs a series with 2 B flight elements and 2 additional acro, with 1 of them a B. I think her dance and dismount are up to level.
On floor, I think she would lose 0.15 for acro not up to competitive level because she has a direct B-A salto series and 1 other salto is a minimum of a B. I think if she could do the straight front connected to a pike front, it would only be a 0.10 deduction. For no deduction with only 2 passes, she needs 4 saltos with a minimum of 3 being Bs. She is also one skill short if I am counting correctly, so that would cost her 0.1 off her start value and could be easily corrected.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back