Parents Wish us luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
My dd is 6, competing level 3. She had a bit of a rough season, fractured her foot then had mono and was out of the gym for 6 weeks. She's back and looking good, but still a little nervous for her meet this weekend. She hasn't qualified for state and is the last one on her team. She competes tomorrow at 8am, and has been busting her tail in the hopes of a) qualifying for state and b) scoring a 9 on any single event. I'm nervous for her, and know she'll be devastated if she doesn't qualify for State. Wish us luck!

Well, she started on bars and fell twice. Beam and floor and got her highest scores for the whole season and vault was about average. She didn't qualify for state. She was really upset at awards but managed to pull herself together after a pep talk. So, for now her season is over. I'm proud of my munchkin!

It was so hard, she was sobbing, so we just sat and snuggled for a few minutes. Her coach had to run to the next session that had already started so she didn't get to talk to her. Initially, she said "I don't want to try again, I want to go home and I want to quit!" I talked to her and a few other moms from our group talked to her. Luckily, one of dd's closest friends on team was competing her second year at level 3, and she was consistently a top scorer...so we had a good reference to talk to her about trying again next year. Thanks for all of the encouragement! Life lessons are hard :)

Awww!! I was rooting for her. Sorry that she didn't qualify. I do hope the sting fades quickly and I bet she'll rock Level 3 next year!

Awww! So sorry she didn't make it to States. She is still so young. She'll have a great season next yr. Now the pressure is off & she can go back in the gym & train on some new fun skills :)

So cute! It's interesting to see the difference between UK and usa routines - particularly bars. I've never seen the little ones here do any of those forward moves.

I hate all of those forward bars skills! They take forever for the girls to get (for the most part) and even after you think they've got them down....they trip them up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back