Parents 1st Meet Nerves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well we are counting down the days to my DD's first meet. Just a few weeks away. We, ok I, am starting to get nervous. I just want the girls to have a great time. They ended their L4 season on such a high. I hope it continues into their L5 season. Only half the team is ready to compete in this meet, so there will only be (3) L5's competing. Just enough to make a team.

They released the official meet schedule today. They are competing on a Friday at 4:30. So I have to take some time off from work, and she will have to get out of school early. :( I thought one of the benefits of moving up was the better meet schedule. Oh well, the timing falls in line with normal Friday practice, so their bodies should be use to it.

Keep my DD in your thoughts as this mom, who is a planner by nature, starts to drive my DD crazy by starting to plan and prep way to early. I guess I get just as excited about the meets as the girls.:)

Thanks for listening and Merry Christmas!

I am the same way. Good luck at the first meet, I think we are normally more nervous than they are before the meet. Then once we get to the meet, I am normally more relaxed and DD gets nervous.

Sending her all the fairies and lots of good luck for her first L5 meet. I know that I am less nervous with L4 meets now because she has done some, though her first one I will be nervous in January because she hasn't competed in so long. LOL. Think it never ends for us parents, always nervous for our kiddos. Sending calming fairies for you. :D

Been there. Done that! Flipper is a nervous wreck on the drive to meets. Once she walks into the gym, she takes a deep breath and is fine - but that's when this momma gets nervous. We all just want them to do their best and have fun.

We'll be thinking of you as that first meet approaches. Flipper has her first home meet with her new gym the first weekend after the new year. She is SO excited - her old gym was so small that they never sponsored any meets.

Sending all the meet fairies we can muster up your way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back