1st Post Hello!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Danica76

Proud Parent
Hi Everyone :)

I wanted to introduce myself, as I just joined the forum today. I am the Mom of a 6 year old girl who has been taking gymnastics for about 10 months. She was moved to pre-team after 3 months of being in a rec class. We recently moved to another city and, of course, had to move gyms, too! I researched and visited near-by facilities and chose one we were both happy with and that also had a solid reputation. She was evaluated by the coaches and was placed on the team at L3. She LOVES gymnastics & has wanted to be on a team ever since she found out there was one, so this has been a wonderful accomplishment for her! She will be competing for the first time this fall and has been working very hard to prepare herself.

I joined CB to talk to and gain information from other parents, coaches and gymnasts. This is a tough sport that is so demanding & I think having as much information as I can will help me to better support my DD in reaching her goals and dealing with the pressures of competetive gymnastics. I will do whatever I can to help her be the best she can be and continue to have fun while doing it :)

I am so glad that there is a forum like this! Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Chalkbucket, nice to have you join us. We have many great members who are always happy to share their knowledge.

Welcome to CB. Hope you jump right in.

I also have a 6 year old and she is on pre-team which is the same as Level 3. She is training her level 4 skills right now. My daughter absolutely loves it. Look forward to hearing more about your daughter.

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket! There are a lot of parents here with DD's just starting competition. And a great number of seasoned vets. My DD is 14, she is training L9. This will be her 7th year on team.

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I am very excited to hear about everyone else's DD's and their journeys through gymnastics. Every time I am at the gym watching my DD, I am amazed by the strength, stamina and determination of all of the girls there. I was a ballet dancer for 12 years, which of course has many similar aspects as gymnastics, but the sheer physicality of these girls blows me away! I am excited to be a part of it and of this community :)

Welcome Maryn'sMom!!! Yes--you will find the CB to be very informative with a vast array of experiences from the pre-team toddlers to the Elites--there is something for every stage of gymnast here!!

That's interesting that you mention ballet. My dd has been taking ballet for a few years now along with the gymnastics and she will be starting pointe in September. This will be my dd's 3rd year of gymnastics, she is 11 and started gym when she was 9 years old. Her gymnastics league is a less intense league with fewer training hours and 6 meets a year. The main goal of the league is for the gymnast to be able to compete and train in gymnastics but in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. She loves it!

Welcome to the CB!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back