Parents 1st Prep Op Silver meet and a brag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

maddiemei

Proud Parent
My dd had her first prep op silver meet this weekend. She did great. Her vault was low (8.2), but it was her first time competing it so I'm not worried. Beam was great (8.85) and floor was a 9.2. She still is finishing before her music, but everything was clean. Her ro/bhs was great. She didn't look like a frog :). Her best though was bars. She loves, loves, loves bars. She always does really well at them, but I was shocked when her score flashed. She got her first 9.7. I wish I had filmed her reaction when she saw the score. It was too cute. She did a little Austin Powers jump she was so excited. We thought she would get 1st for her age, but the very last girl to go got a 9.725. My dd was so excited though and we were excited for her.

I hope that everyone else had a wonderful meet weekend, if you had one this weekend.

That's wonderful! I'm glad that she had such a fun meet. My daughter's gym does not do prep opt but we know a girl from the other gym that does. She is loving the fact that she has her own floor routine and had a blast at her last meet. How many meets do they do with prep op?

Thanks for the comments. She loves having her own floor music and hopefully her vault score will improve.

The silver's only do 3 meets, plus state. They had a busy USAG season in the fall so they kind of took it easy in the spring. She just started competing with the new gym this season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back