Parents 2nd L7 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
DD has her 2nd L7 meet last weekend. After some gym drama during the week I did not have many expectations.

Started on Vault. DD is a solid 8.6 vaulter. Sometimes I think it looked like a good vault, sometimes I think it looks like a bad vault .... and they always get 8.6, so what do I know. Looked good to me and I waited for the score....9.0!!! Whoo hoo.

Bars: DD had to scratch bars at her 1st meet due to the elusive giant. This meet she got to do bars and throw her giant. She missed her giant, but connected her whole routine with two just about casts to handstand. Major accomplishment. She was so excited. 7.3 score.

Beam: Some of you may remember who she was paralyzed by fear of the BHS. During the 1st meet she was my "HERO" for getting past her fear. This meet was another great routine.. Stayed on with just a few wobbles...9.0. 3rd place out of 23.

Floor: Looked nice to me. Maybe a bit low on her tumbling due to her knee...(read below) Very nice presentation 8.75

Onto the knee drama. She landed straight legged on her last vault of the night at practice. During the meet warm up she could hardly move. I gave her motrin. Vault warm up looked terrible, but she pulled it together. After vault the trainer taped it. Took her to get it looked at and it is a problem with her knee cap tracking to the outside of her leg. Thank God nothing to major, but it is still bothering her. Starts PT tomorrow. Hopefully she will be OK for her meet the weekend. Wow that was long .... thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Great meet and great scores despite that injury. The PT will def help, my youngest went throught hat for a while and is okay now with some hard work at home.

So glad she got to do bars, without a giant and missing an element that is a great score.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back