2nd L8 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
DD had her 2nd L8 meet of the year. She made improvements on all events, but still has work to do.

Floor: 9.1 1st place!!! (2nd meet in a row getting first place :) Same score as last meet, but looked like a better routine to me. If anyone wants to tell me where her deductions are, please let me know. I am guessing last pass and switch leg leap???

Beam: 9.05 1st place!!!! For now she has an easier connection front walk over back handspring. Still working on the back handspring/backhandspring. Also added a new dismount. Backhandspring arabian! Nice routine. up from 8.2 and no connection last meet.

Bars: continues to be a struggle 7.75 Fell one on cast to handstand. Fell 3 times on casts/giant last meet. So lets call it progress in the right direction!!!! lol

Vault: 8.4 Did front handspring. Yeurchenko still not competition ready.

Here is the video:
Emma's Gymnastics Meet 1/14/12 - YouTube

Great job! Her floor and beam are absolutely beautiful and the front walkover-bhs series is really nice, I would say probably just as hard, if not harder, than the bhs-bhs series. And it's always nice to see something other than the standard. Bars will come along with time, the pirouette seems to catch a lot of level 8s. And you can tell the skills are there, it's just a matter of fine tuning. But a 7.75 with a fall is a pretty good score!

Good for her. As coachmolly said the fwo-bhs is very hard to connect. Bars is a matter of improving form. Its all coming together for her.

I LOVE her floor! She really looks like she's dancing, not just doing 'moves' (if that makes any sense) and her beam was beautiful, too. I think the fwo/bhs combination is great. Congratulations!!

Loved her floor and beam. Love her smile. I think she did a fantastic job..and wtg on 1st two meets in a row. And a big improvment on bars between last meet and this one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back