Parents A few brags!

• Thread starter Thread starter Midget's Dad
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
M

Midget's Dad

Haven't been around in a while. Well, I haven't been posting, I have been lurking some.

Anyway Midget had a pretty good L4 season. She scored mostly 8's and a few 9's here and there. She didn't always place, but honestly we thought it was really good.

So now she is training for level 5, and in the last few months has started using the vault table (spotted), has her front handspring and back walkover on floor, and as of yesterday has her cartwheel on beam. Her kip and squat-on are coming along as is the RO-BHS-BHS.

So proud, had to share.

Awesome to hear! My DD and her team have one more meet to go then they are done for the season. Our 2nd yrs. have been working more and more on the level 5 skills. The coaches have even let my daughter's group (1st yr 4) do some up training as well (cartwheels on beam, front handsprings, attempting kips, etc). The girls have been really excited, I think because it's just something different. :-) Good luck to Bella! Look forward to hearing how she is progressing.

Uptraining is the most fun of all!! Glad Bella is doing well. Are you back home again Andrew?

Glad to hear she had a good season! Hope she enjoys L5 as much as my daughter did. After L4 it is refreshing for them to get the opportunity to learn some new skills, she should be really excited!

She had a pretty solid state meet. She stayed right in the middle most of the way, top spots went to 2nd years L4s as expected.

Her coach is all about getting them into optionals so no repeating unless you cant get the skills to move up. Which is good because she loves to uptrain.

As for me I have moved into a new role and will have little to no travel for the foreseeable future. And I am so excited about it. I cant stand missing my girls, and even though I make most meets I ended up not getting to go to States and that was miserable. Dezi taped it and kept me updated but not the same at all.

Glad to see you again and great to hear that Bella had a good Level 4 season and is moving on to training Level 5. Very exciting!

I hope your daughter enjoys L5. I'm glad to hear you don't have to travel as much. My husband has taken a step back as well and is doing a little consulting and a lot of being a great dad which he loves.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back