WAG Adjusting to new equipment

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ponyshine

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Since moving to a new gymnastics club, I have progressed quite significantly due to the great coaching and the amazing facility. Moving to the new club saw my first experience of a foam pit and many other privileges that I hadn't had before!

Overall I love the new facility, however there is one thing that I struggled with at the new club - the bars! They just feel different. It's taking me time to adjust. Even now, a few months later, I have good days and bad days on bars. The 'bounce' is different to the ones at my previous club and I just haven't taken a liking to it. But of cause when it comes to competitions you don't get to choose your bars!

I guess experienced gymnasts work to get to the point where they are unaffected by these things. After all, they can't choose how bouncy the floor is when they travel the world competing!

How have others overcome the challenges of this?

Since moving to a new gymnastics club, I have progressed quite significantly due to the great coaching and the amazing facility. Moving to the new club saw my first experience of a foam pit and many other privileges that I hadn't had before!

Overall I love the new facility, however there is one thing that I struggled with at the new club - the bars! They just feel different. It's taking me time to adjust. Even now, a few months later, I have good days and bad days on bars. The 'bounce' is different to the ones at my previous club and I just haven't taken a liking to it. But of cause when it comes to competitions you don't get to choose your bars!

I guess experienced gymnasts work to get to the point where they are unaffected by these things. After all, they can't choose how bouncy the floor is when they travel the world competing!

How have others overcome the challenges of this?

you overcome by going on them more. your above assessment is correct. and we only have a couple of days to adapt and adjust when competing internationally. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back