Aerial Help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I recently got my aerial a couple of weeks ago. I can do it at the gym perfectly fine, but whenever I try to do it at home, I can't get it. Any tips?

Maybe you get nervous at home? I get REALLY nervous when trying a new skill at home, even if I can do it perfectly at gym! Just remember that you've done it before and can do it at home!

Don't do it at home, its not safe, is the most obvious tip. The ground isn't as bouncy as in a gym you have to push harder through your front leg. Being nervous is also a big factor, though there's nothing you can do about that other than choose not to do it or suck it up.

Why do you need to get it at home? It's not safe to do at home, especially if you're new to the skill. Never do them on grass or any surface other than proper mats. My teammate severely sprained her ankle doing aerials at home. You can imagine how well that went over with our coach. Do you have it from a run or standing? If it's running, you can start working on doing them from less of a run & eventually standing at your gym. Remember to really push off your front leg & drive your back heal over the top. Good luck!

When u get a new skill just do it at the gym. When you're completely comfortable and have it down perfectly, then try it at home.

Like Cameron said, I wouldn't recommend doing it at home. It's not as safe as the gym, especially if you just got the aerial and you could end up seriously injuring yourself! I would save the tricks for when you're on safe equipment with a coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back