Parents Alabama meet this weekend. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Reaction score
Girls are so excited. :) We leave tomorrow for the meet. Over 700 gymnasts at the meet. That is a ton! :) Em competes Saturday and Ellie on Sunday.
The competition leos came in yesterday. LOL Both are a little big! I reordered Ellie's, but Emma said to keep hers. Anyway, they will wear them with a little bit of bagginess. :) Oh, well, hopefully, we will get two seasons out of them. The warm ups are super cute and so is the bag! :) Love the level one to three leo. Sleeveless and pink zebra. :) The level 4 and up leo is black and pink. Not nearly as cute, but elegant looking.
Wish the girls luck. It is the first meet of the season. :) They are ready!

I know! LOL But it will be fun. The girls are excited. The meet we attend the weekend before thanksgiving is MUCH smaller. I wish it was first. Then no meets until Januaury. The girls go to Memphis then.
Well, the good part is they will see what the competition is like and by Januaury will up their routines to meet that quality. Their goals are to throw all skills, no falls on beam or bars for the first meet.

This is going to be a huge meet. I was shocked that their would be 25 level 1's, but almost fell out of my chair when i saw that their will be over 100 gymnasts in several of the other levels. Good luck to your girls!!! My dd will compete Sunday.

Monique

B 5 year old lvl 1 K 3 year old rec

In Emma's level four there are close to 200 kids. In Ellie's only 33. We will be at the levels 1 and 2 also on Sunday. Emma will have it Saturday. It is going to be crazy. The girls have set the goals of throw all skills, don't fall on beam or bars. Good goals for the first meet.

Last edited:
Oh, we are bringing more than 10 level ones with us! LOL 3 level 2's and 3 level fours. :)

Have fun!!! Hope they do great!
We are going to Alabama in 2 weeks for a meet...:)

Good luck to your girls! We too have a really big meet for our first one, which I wish weren't the case. I hope everything goes great for your girls and they have a blast!

I have been to this meet, and this meet is a blast. It is huge, but so much fun. This was one of my favorite meets!!! Good Luck to your DD's this weekend!!!

update-awesome meet

Girls had a blast. :)

Emma threw her ROBHS like a pro, her vault looked really good and bars were good. She took a fall on beam, but it was still good. I am very proud of her.

Ellie did well too. She did all her skills and kicked booty on bars and floor.

It was a fun meet.

Oh and a funny. The level 2 team only had three girls on it. They are a small group. Ellie s group walked away with thrid place team award. Yes, there were more than three teams.

Glad they had fun and did well!! How exciting for Ellie's team to place 3rd with only 3 girls!! It isn't easy, but small teams can still win team awards! And way to go to Emma for doing well, falls happen, hopefully next time she will stay on that darn beam. Sending her sticky feet fairies. :) And way to go to her on her ROBHS!

Ellie was so cute. She took all her trophies and stuff with her to school today to show off. Both girls went to school sporting their team jackets and shirts. They are so proud. And at this point both can use the scores to qualify for State Meet if they want to go.
Skill wise, they did excellent! :) I am trying to get them to not focus on the placement as much as on the scores for improvement at each meet. Therefore, I am not going to focus on the placement but improvement at each meet. So, I won't discuss scores or places. I need to practice what I preach to the girls. :rolleyes:

Skill wise, they did excellent! :) I am trying to get them to not focus on the placement as much as on the scores for improvement at each meet. Therefore, I am not going to focus on the placement but improvement at each meet. So, I won't discuss scores or places. I need to practice what I preach to the girls. :rolleyes:

Love that attitude!!!

My DD had fun too. Both our level 1 and 2 teams placed second. We have a lot of girl on both teams. We were the blue team that took forever on each rotation. HA HA!!!! I have to remind myself to not get caught up with placement. I am so proud of her. She scored her first 9 and improved all of her scores from the last meet.

Monique

B level 1 K rec gym

We were the black and pink zebra stripes. :) Y'all had a LARGE team. LOL SO fun to watch!

Well done to everyone who took part. Need to see a picture of the supercute leos and warm ups. they sound so nice.

Here is Ellie doing floor. This is the back of the level one, two, and three leo. It is really cute
Link Removed
There are a few more pics in the album. :) The level fours and up have the long sleeved leo that is black and pink in the pics. These are snowflake leos. The warm ups are soffee and the bags are embroidered.

What cute leos! So glad to hear that your girls did so well and had fun (the most important thing!).

Cute Leo!! I am glad that the girls had fun at the meet!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back