Parents Am I reading that right ???? BRAG ALERT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD had her 2nd Prep Op Rookie 2 meet today. Apparently she brought her A game to the gym today. Who knew ...........

We were a little out of our element because our girls were split into two groups so some were on one event and some on another (it is hard to cheer and watch two events and girls at the same time !!). They also did not have the electronic scoring so we had to watch for the signs to be held up. They had the gymnast # underneath but it was hard to read from far away.

DD was in the group that started on beam, while the others were on vault. DD does a beautiful routine, no real wobbles but my first thought was 'she didn't do her split leap' - which has been pretty bad lately. What happened is that HC told her to take it out during warm-ups because it is killing her score and she didn't need it because she had a split jump in her routine. Anyway, she finishes her routine - awesome dismount held the handstand forever. I am trying to watch the vault girls too. Score turns around 9.725 :jaw-dropping: Now I am squinting thinking I am reading a 9.125 as a 9.725. So I ask her teammates mom sitting next to me - and she confirms it is a 9.725 !!!! Personal Best and First Place.

Next up is floor. Now she loves her music and her routine and has been really getting into it. Clean routine, small bend in the legs on ROBHS, on time with the music. 9.575 - By now I am wondering what she had in her Cocoa Pebbles this morning !! Another Personal Best and First Place.

Next up Vault - probably her weakest event. Both vaults look great to me but vault seemed to be scoring low so I was not sure. Sign turns around 9.325 good enough for Second Place.

Finished on bars. She does not like her routine - thinks it is babyish. Pullover, two back hipcircles, sole circle dismount - but that is all that is required. 9.300 for Third Place.

She took First Place AA with her Personal Best 37.925 !!!!

I was in shock. This is the best meet she has ever had. I am so proud of her. She also finished 2nd in the handstand contents and her team took First Place w/ a 114.6

Sorry for the long brag - I am just still so very excited.

WOOHOOO!! Congrats to her!! That is amazing. Sounds like she rocked that meet! Congrats to her team, too. What a great day all around!!

To steal a line from Bog (I think I still owe her one anyways), holy high scores Batman... Wow... That is monster....:D:D

Sean

P.S. was there any treats on the way home?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is Prep Op? Is it like JOGA or USAIGC? Anyway, WOOHOOO what a freaking awesome score!!! Whatever is in those cocoa pebbles, get a supply for rest of season and then send some up here to NJ so we can have some, LOL

Last week at States there was an electric scoreboard but then it went bonkers and they had to dig out the score cards for the session we were watching. I agree, so hard to see those things and of course they are never turning them in your direction. If I ever saw a 37AA for my DD they might have to take me out by ambulance. Hope you celebrated big afterwards!

I'm lying here in a bunk bed with 4 13 year olds in a youth hostel in Quebec City, and all I can say is Wow!!!!! awesome . Nw Iggy has stolen my punchline I am do e for!!!
She must b so proud , I am so happy for her as she is such a hard worker. Congrats on that well deserved 1st AA.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is Prep Op? Is it like JOGA or USAIGC? Anyway, WOOHOOO what a freaking awesome score!!! Whatever is in those cocoa pebbles, get a supply for rest of season and then send some up here to NJ so we can have some, LOL

Last week at States there was an electric scoreboard but then it went bonkers and they had to dig out the score cards for the session we were watching. I agree, so hard to see those things and of course they are never turning them in your direction. If I ever saw a 37AA for my DD they might have to take me out by ambulance. Hope you celebrated big afterwards!

Blackie,
Prep Op is an optional program that sorta coincides with the USAG levels. DD is Rookie 2 which is similar to L4. There are required skills for each event but you have the freedom to make your own routines as long as they include the required elements. Beam they have to have 1 turn on one foot, a split leap or split jump and two acro elements ( handstand, back shoulder roll, cartwheel, BWO) one of which can be your dismount.
The girls love it because everyone isn't doing the exact same thing.

GREAT SCORES!!! I know she must be sooooo excited! Katy has been LOVING the prep. op. program this year (that is, in between her high school meets!)

Blackie... in Virginia, there are now three divisions ... I think every state runs the program a little bit differently. The "novice" level is about L4, the "intermediate" is equal to about L5/6, and then there's the "advanced" which is a bit of L6/7/and they can do L8 vaults. But past that, there is no advancement and higher skills void the routines. It's a great program for the girls who don't want to commit all the time to JO training, or the older ones who begin to have conflicts w/schoolwork, etc.

Again, congrats on the scores.... I want to see video!

If I saw a 9.7 come up for Beetle I think they must have the wrong kid! LOL

That is beyond amazing! Tell her congratuations!! Fantastic.

Hey if you find out what was in those cocoa pebbles let me know!! I am buying them before Chicago next week!

If I saw a 9.7 come up for Beetle I think they must have the wrong kid! LOL

That is beyond amazing! Tell her congratuations!! Fantastic.

Hey if you find out what was in those cocoa pebbles let me know!! I am buying them before Chicago next week!

I had to ask if it was her score !!!! This is the kid who struggled to get 9's in L4

Woohoo, congratulations!! That is awesome. I think it is so cool that you are able to compete the prep op season in the spring and the compulsories in the fall. We are stuck with a one season schedule here in Virginia. Anyway, congratulations to your DD on a fantastic meet. She must have been just over the moon!

Meg

WHOO HOOO!

That's awesome. Congrats! Those are some amazing scores.

Send those Coco pebbles this way! We could have used them Sat! LOL

WHOO HOO what a meet!! congratulations to your DD!!
where's the video???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back