• ChalkBucket Does Not Provide Medical Advice

Always first seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding an injury / medical condition. This forum is simply here to share your injury & recovery experiences and what has worked or not worked for you and your athlete.

Ankle injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymnast28

Gymnast
About 4weeks ago I hurt my ankle at a competition. I’m pretty sure I hurt it in my floor routine as I didn’t feel any pain until after I wore off some of the adrenaline once I was done floor. I could barely run for vault after and it hurt to walk. It was a two day competition so I iced it right away and kept it elevated when I slept. When I woke up the next day I was unable to bare weight on it and was practically hoping around the hotel. I went to the comp and competed bars but was unable to warm up. When I got back home i went to the walk in by this time I was able to walk just with a big limp. Where I live are heath care system is swamped so they didn’t really look at my ankle and told me to put voltaren on it so from there I went to my family doc who sent me for x-rays and they came back clean so I went to physio. I’ve now been to two different physio therapists and a chiropractic and nothing helps. I’m able to walk fine with no pain now but anything more hurts. When I bend my knee now it is fully turning in and my ankle is rolling in all the way. I have to take Advil anytime I want to train and I’m still in extreme pain. I took a dull week of training and that didn’t help one bit. I’ve just gone back tk training and pushing through the pain cause it doesn’t seem like anyone knows what’s wrong with it. I’ve done all my physio exercises and it isn’t helping. I honestly don’t know what to do now. I haven’t been tumbling or vaulting to try and let it rest but I kinda need to run for warm up. At this point I don’t know what could be wrong with it or what I should be doing. I’m just concerned since my knee is turning inward and my ankle is rolling in. It’s to the point where if my bend my knee and really try and focus on keeping it facing it straight I still can’t keep it straight over my toes. I tried holding my knee tk guide it to go straight but then my entire leg starts twitching and kind of shaking. Honestly I don’t know what I’m supposed to do now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Such a cool transition! 🤩

2024 Gymnastics For All GymFest

Back