Another grips question!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Recently Alex has been putting cut up pieces of foam from the pit in her grips at the finger holes. She tried to explain why but honestly I didn't get it. Something to do with the finger holes sliding down and cutting off circulation? So the foam pieces keep the grips at the right place? OTher girls do this also so I know it is not just my DD. Maybe they are too big? She has tiny hands and I have always thought her grips were sized too big for her but I know nothing about grips. Would this indicate that she needs new grips? Maybe the finger holes have stretched out to far? Hopefully someone can explain this to me. It also looks just plain weird!! lol!!

I think the finger holes get stretched out. My DD has tape wrapped around the finger holes in hers. She's been wearing the same grips for 2.5 years now. She refuses to wear new ones and I guess the tape was the solution to keep them in place.

Thanks bog! I will have to look into getting those in a color that will blend better! Right now it looks like she has blue wings!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back