Parents Anyone Been to the Kellogg Tour of Champions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lilmisssunshine

Proud Parent
I'm wondering if there's a lot of merchandise for sale and what types of things there are/prices to expect. We're taking my son as an early birthday present and while I wouldn't normally purchase things, I might consider it for his open-on-your-birthday present. If I did this, I'd want to pass money to a friend and have her make the purchase.
So I just wanted to know what to expect and if there's anything worth the money.

There are T-Shirts from $25-$35
Hoodies - $55, other Under Armor pullover things were like $65
Leos - $85
Final Five Medal - $10
Lapel Pin - $10
Water Bottle - $15
Final Five Poster $35
Autographed Photos (one gymnast, several to choose from 8x10) - $25
Program - $15

I'm sure there was other stuff, but that was the bulk of it.

We did not see anything for sale. We were sitting in an upper section with mostly adults not in the expensive seats. They lost lots of money by not selling merchandise in more places.

The merchandise area was mobbed- I refused to stand an hour in line. I did however buy DD A shirt online later so she will have that to open on her birthday. The shipping was worth it to me

The lines were crazy but I think we only waited about 15-20 minutes. The only lines I saw were right inside the doors to the venue. I don't know how many merchandise tables there were, maybe just 2? I think only having them on one level is pretty standard though I'm sure many events have more than two areas.

The lines were crazy but I think we only waited about 15-20 minutes. The only lines I saw were right inside the doors to the venue. I don't know how many merchandise tables there were, maybe just 2? I think only having them on one level is pretty standard though I'm sure many events have more than two areas.
I worked alongside a major travelling entertainment group (aimed at kids) that played arenas around the country and concessions were a huge priority and revenue generator. The Kellogg Tour is a short lived thing, but regardless, the same fundamental of having thousands of young girls in an arena with parents with disposable income exists....you need to be prepared for that demand and provide the service they deserve.

Yeah I'm not sure where I said that they were super prepared or had plenty of tables, etc. I just said having merchandise tables on one level seemed pretty standard for any event I've ever been to. certainly they could have done more, I don't think my post disputed that.

The table was a mob scene at our local venue. Just a giant crowd shoving their way to the front. No queues or anything resembling any type of order. It was like something straight out of a nightmare. Total epic fail on the part of the event organizers.

There were only 2 merchandise tables in our whole arena. It wasn't organized well at all and we were in line at least 30 minutes. We missed the opening part because of it. I'm not sure if it's any different per venue but it was pretty bad.

Luckily, I had already read somewhere that lines were an issue so we got there early and went straight to souvenirs. They were out of a lot of sizes on things which was disappointing since we were some of the first customers of the night.

We waited in line for a good 45 min and gave up. We hadn't moved that much. Fortunately there was a little kiosk set up closer to our seats that had a few things- and we were able to obtain a few programs, water bottles and a hat.

My friend and I could have purchased a shirt each. There were so many people around us that were there without kids that may have purchased a shirt partially because we did not pay for the autographs. I love to watch gymnastics and I don't need autographs but would have liked a shirt. At least we wanted a program to see who was in each part.

My DD and her whole team are going tomorrow. Should be fun! Hoping not to spend a $$$$$$$$.

We went to the show last night and 8 year old dd loved it. She had so much fun watching Alt, Simon, Gabby and Nastia. I'm so happy she has such positive strong young role models to look up to. The ladies and men were filled with energy and they were quite entertaining!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back