Parents anyone else get stress about choosing the size for competition leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wish I had a say in the ordering! Our first year, my girls were in CXS and grew out of them very quickly, to the point where they hated wearing them for meets because they hurt so much! Last year they had the intermediate size (between sm & med) and that fit much better! I know that this years style we will have for 2 years so I am crossing my fingers that there is a little room to grow so they can wear them for 2 years!!

Leo sizing=bane of my existence! Parents have to choose sizes and our gym orders new one's every year (from different brands just to keep things lively.)

I order based on 'girth' as pea is the long and lean type of gymnast. I've had to fork out an extra $30 per year to take it to our local tailor and get it fitted.

We don't get to choose the size. The coach chooses. DD is 8 and wears a CM in practice leos but wears CS in comp. leos. Her coach likes them to be super fitted.

The one's we order are based on the measurements of each gymnast. I submitted one measurement completely wrong once, oops.

My dd is new to team and we just had the fitting a couple of weeks ago for her leotard. She tried on a small and it looked pretty tight, but the coach said it was too big because she was able to pull up a little in the shoulder area and there was some slack there. So she had to order an extra small. Now I'm nervous that it's going to be outgrown quickly! They keep the leotards for 2 years too. But I do know that some people sell their outgrown ones so hopefully I'll be able to get a small next season if she needs it for less than full price!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back