WAG Anyone else spending far more time on bars than floor an beam??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
F

flaviatumbles

I spend far more time working on bars and vault skills than on beam on floor!

I would have been ready for my competition on floor and beam almost a year ago, but I just needed the time for bars and vault...although I am strong on bars and the yurchenko vault isn't that hard I think, it just takes so much more time. especially bars. But I took the time because I want to score well all around. So I just did my floor routine and beam routine a few times and perfected the skills but really put effort into bars and vault.
Do you think this is bad?

Beam came easiest to me - it is basically the same thing as on floor, you just have to be more precise and shouldn't be afraid. But that's it!

Anyone lee having the same issues? How do you handle it?

Ah and btw...my coach says it is pretty normal!
A lot of kids have an easier time on floor and beam (if they are not scared on beam) and could throw pretty difficult skills if they worked on them.
But he also said that you notice a really good gymnast if he is good on bars. Because bars is different. And you can really tell if the gymnast is strong and has good technique on bars.

So he said I could either progress on floor and beam (I would work towards Aerials ans BH BT on beam and double backs and 1.5 twists in floor) or I learn a yurchenko vault and get my stalder and free hip on bars perfectly.

What would you do? (It doesn't matter
for comps where I live - you can compete everything you want)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back