Parents Back bend tips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
My 6.5 yo dd is not scared of much, but is scared of a backbend. She knows all she should do, but twists and falls at the end.

At a friend's house maybe 6 months ago, they were having a lot of fun and she did 10 or so of them...so it seems mental.

Their coaches just spot them and move on. Any advice? I tell her hands glued to ears, look at hands. I don't know any other tips. Does anyone have advice?

Doing a variety of bridging skills can build confidence in her bridging ability... Handstand to bridge, front limber, bridge kickover will all bolster her back bend ability.

If you have access to a stall bar, she can stand a few steps away with her back to the bars and bridge walk down the rungs with her hands. You can use a regular wall too. Good exercise for passing through the back bend.

Doing a variety of bridging skills can build confidence in her bridging ability... Handstand to bridge, front limber, bridge kickover will all bolster her back bend ability.

If you have access to a stall bar, she can stand a few steps away with her back to the bars and bridge walk down the rungs with her hands. You can use a regular wall too. Good exercise for passing through the back bend.
She's afraid of going down the wall and gives up and falls to to the side again. What are front limbers? Is there anything I can tell her of tips. I've heard it all comes from your gluten and core?

She's afraid of going down the wall and gives up and falls to to the side again. What are front limbers? Is there anything I can tell her of tips. I've heard it all comes from your gluten and core?
Here's a front limber... Basically back bend backwards. No specific tips - just that it takes time and consistent practice.

Attachments

• PXL_20240627_233459719.mp4
    11.3 MB

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back