Back brace for practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Im looking for a small flexable back brace that I can wear to practice. I have been reccomened by my PT to get one because I have had some pretty nasty back injuries in the past and its acting up on me now. Anyone know of any that are not so big and bulky? Im looking for companies, online ordering ect.?? Let me know, thanks for all your help!

I know I've seen some worn by gymnasts at meets over top of their leo, but I have no idea what brand or style. I also don't know what part of your back has been giving you problems, so it's hard to say. Could you ask your PT for a recommendation? They would probably know what would work best for you and the type of injuries you've been having as well as where to buy one.

I agree with Coachmolly. Ask the PT for the name of the manufacturer and name of the brace. Don't go guessing about which one would work online.

I also agree with Coachmolly. I am concerned however, about you continuing to work on the skills that are hurting your back (brace or not). I know one gymnast the competed meets with a back brace during her L7 season and ended up w/stress fractures in her back anyway. One of my DD's old teammates just (this past week) had to completely quit gymnastics due to yet another stress fracture in her back. Good luck and make sure you get a recommnedation from your PT!

Im looking for a small flexable back brace that I can wear to practice. I have been reccomened by my PT to get one because I have had some pretty nasty back injuries in the past and its acting up on me now. Anyone know of any that are not so big and bulky? Im looking for companies, online ordering ect.?? Let me know, thanks for all your help!

okay...honestly.

1. i went to the car mechanic. he told me what was wrong with my car. he sent me on my way to fix it.

2. i went to the doctor. he told me what was wrong with me. he sent me on my way to fix it.

3. i went to the PT. they told me what is wrong with me. and they.......................................:)

I have had the same problems!I have si joint problems,scoliosis,a hyper flexible back and i fractured a vertebrae a while back.My trouble is most of the braces (including my current one) are made out of this slippery fabric that just doesn't grip the leos.My suggestion is to go back to your pt and see what they have or go to a special brace store (they have one where i live but im not sure about anywhere else)

Its just that I havent been to my PT in about 6 months, and back before I started gymnastics back up they said I should look into getting a back brace but I didnt originally want one, but now that it is acting up Im thinking about getting one. So i guess I can call and see if they reccomend one, I just didnt want to make an appt. again just to get a reccomendation cause it cost $

I agree with everyone else call the PT and see what brace they want you to wear. Talk to your parents let them know that your back is bothering you and you need to have it checked out. Believe me parents will put the money out to keep you healthy. Your back is more important than any gymnastics. You don't want to damage it anymore and have long term back issues that could really cause you some major issues down the line. The money isn't important your back is. Make the phone call - they may actually be able to do the recomendation without an appointment as it may already be in your file.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back