Back from the Boston Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

It was a great meet. Well organized and the girls had lots of fun. And a Leo given to all at the end. I think that was thier favorite part LOL.

There were some really GOOD teams there!! they must be in the gym 40 hours a week!!
there were gymnasts there getting 9.5 - 9.7 they were awsome to watch that's for sure but my DD will never get to that quality of gymnastics. Don't get me wrong if she wanted to she probably could but she loves having fun and competing but we aren't going to spend every moment in the gym to achieve that either.

All of the team girls placed in at least one event so everyone went home with some type of Medal. My DD Placed 10th on Vaoul and Floor and 2nd on bars and 5th AA. Got a trophy for that. ;)

The only bad part One of the "good" teams had a big group watching and there was a mom in that group that cheered for every gymnast on every event. I'm all for team spirit and supportive parents but you think she was in a football stadium and the girls were at the other end straining to hear her. My ears were hurting after that event. Why do people do that in a closed in environment?? I know if I were competing this gal would have been a distraction for me. I've never heard anyone with such a loud voice.

WTG to your dd. Sounds like she had a great meet. Dont worry about the loud Momma..there is one in every crowd and she was it that time..lol. And how neat that they all got a leo at the end. Thats quite an participation prize.

Sounds like a great meet. Congrats to your dd and her team.

LOL about the loud mom. That makes me crazy as well. Was at a meet once where there was a few obnoxiously loud parents (all from the same gym, it was like they were competing amongst themselves to see which parent could cheer better:rolleyes:). The host gym eventually announced that excessive and loud cheering was inappropriate for a gymnastics meet and a danger to the athletes. There reactions were pretty funny, but they got the message. Their team girls looked relieved!
However, my dd tells me that she does not hear anything when she is competing - not the crowd or even her team-mates cheering her on. So it might not have any affect on your dd, just makes it unpleasant for spectators.

Congrats on a good meet!! Very cool about all the girls getting a Leo.

LOL about the loud Mom. I haven't run across that in Gymnastics but we have a Mom on my son's HS baseball team that is so loud and obnoxious. I can't even sit in the bleachers because I get so embarassed. LOL!! She is full of spirit though :)

Congratulations! Sounds like she did awesome for such a big meet with stiff competition, looks like the judges thought she was right up there with the other amazing girls. And who cares about medals when you get to go home with a new leo?! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back