Back Hip Circles On Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast_bre

I'm really trying to get my back hip circles, but once I start to swing around the bar and my back is almost parallel to the floor, I drop down and if my hands aren't still on the the bar, I land on my back. How do I stay on the bar the whole time?

well, when you drop back, try to kick yourself in the face with your legs by piking. and bend your arms just a bit. this is cheating a little but it will get you around the bar so that you understand what you need to do to make it around. then you can slowly straighten your body and your arms.:)

Chest down, legs up fast. Aim to end up upside down on the bar- bar at your hips, feet in the air, keeping your body straight. Once you get that part the rest should come automatically. It sound like you are focussing on the chest down bit and forgetting your legs need to go up!

I love how you said "try to kick yourself in the face with your legs by piking." It sounds odd but that definitely helped. I'm not getting every single one but all I needed was more power and to bend my arms a little, and that. Thank you SO much!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back