Back Walkover Connection on Beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I have been having lots of trouble on my bwo connection. I can make the first one easily, but as soon as I try to go for the next one, I freeze! My coach says to just keep moving my hands back, but this doesn't seem to help. I can connect them perfectly on the floor. Any tips? :confused:

Although it hasn't worked so far, my DGD has been told to put together a mantra to tell yourself as you move...such as (I'm making this up now so this is not what she is saying but....) "keep it moving, keep it tight, keep hips square and land just right" or something like that...I think the idea is to release any negative thoughts and say things to yourself that have to do with what you are trying to accomplish.

yes, keep doing them on a floor line and the beam. you'll eventually get it. some kids have to do 4930288765493058 of them while others only need to do 3.:)

Hi! well I used to have this trouble when I stared to do it but then my coach make me do it lots of times in the lower beam and after doing it so so so many times there, I went to the big one, breath and just do it it actually works I like not to think much the things I´m going to do becouse otherwise I get blocked so try just to tell yourself " ok I´m going to do a walkover connection" get on the beam and just do it! try not to spend more than 5 secs before do the first walkover! hope you can do it! trust urself! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back