WAG Beam RO.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2-4

Proud Parent
My DD does a roundoff on beam for l7 she was telling me her HC says it's too short. She said she tries to fix it but doesn't know how. Any suggestions I can give her. Or should it lengthen as she gains more confidence. Will she receive an amplitude deduction?

The issue is usually related to the lunge into the skill. She needs a deep lunge and would be aiming to keep her legs at a 90 degree angle going into it, with the front knee over the front foot.

Thanks coach, I will mention that to her. :) Isn't it funny that a second nature skill becomes so foreign on BB.

It sure does! This is one of the reasons why beam can be so frustrating for kids. Their floor skills are so much more advanced that they often feel like that "can't do anything" on beam. But they don't realise how impressed people are with what they can really do on a 4 inch wide beam!

Some chalk marks on the beam to indicate the 'goal' of where to place her lunging foot, her hands, and a landing can help. I am an advocate of having a physical goal you can try to reach. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back