WAG Beam routine question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
So, i'm re-choreographing my beam routine for next season, and i have a few skills that i don't feel confident about ( falling out of full turn, cat leap with low knees so it doesn't get credit etc.). Would you put these skills at the beginning/ first half of the routine, so you can get it over with quickly or on the end/second half of the routine to make sure you nail the easier and very consistent skills?

It's up you and your preference, when i was a level 7 i struggled with my bwo bhs series so when my coach was choreographing my routine she asked me if i would rather have it first which would mean if i fell i would have to finish my entire routine after a fall (which for some people can ruin their routine) or have it at the end which would make me worry about it during my entire routine, i chose to have it first to get it out of the way so i could focus on every other important skill afterwards. So ultimately it depends on how you are at meets, if you put those skills at the begin in of your routine you will have to be able to finish the routine solidly even after you mess up or fall on those skills, but if you put it at the end of your routine you need to be able to not focus on those skills until it comes time to do them.

Reactions: sce
I prefer my less consistent skills towards the beginning. Get them over with and then I can relax and perform the rest.

I put my Korbut at the end, but that's mostly because if I fail on it I can't really do anything well afterwards :p

I'd put it at the end. It's easier to focus on the skill you're doing than do it after a fall.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back