Being extremely sore after Thursday practice...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

For some reason, the muscle in my upper arm is really sore after practice on Thursday. I am guessing this is normal, as I have moved up to team and we have been conditioning more. Any idea if it will go away, and yes I know being sore is part of life as a gymnast, I'm just wondering how long it takes to go away.

Usually a couple of days (like 2-3) I generally find that the second day is worse than the first day. Long hot baths can be helpful, as can ice.

I know exactly how u feel! My first Xcel practice had a much harder conditioning routine than rec. classes. The next day, and the day after that and pretty much for a week I was super sore! I can't believe I'm saying this but I wanted to quit soo badly! I love gymnastics, I hate conditioning with a deep passion though :( Anyways, after I got use to the routine, I stopped being sore! So now whenever we condition during practice, it keeps getting easier because you get stronger! And just remember, soreness means that your muscles are growing and getting stronger! It doesn't get easier, you get stronger ;)

It depends on the level of soreness. If it's only a little sore it's fine after a day for me. If it's really sore, it can last longer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back